Want to work with leading technology?
Apply by: June 24, 2023
Vale is seeking to increase diversity across our operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry. Female, female-identifying applicants and members of indigenous communities will have priority consideration.
The Thompson Concentrator Team is integral to the success of the operations in being a safe and reliable producer. We aim to plan the production, monitor, improve and report the performance of the Thompson Concentrator operation through technical excellence in the areas of metallurgy, ore handling, crushing, grinding, flotation, dewatering and concentrate handling.
We are currently seeking a Mill Labourer to join our Concentrator Team in Thompson, Manitoba. This is a permanent position.
If you are energetic and interested in working at our Concentrator in Thompson, read on!
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Mill Labourer provides a full range of services while working according to work procedures and company policies and ensuring efficient operations within a safety conscious environment. In this role you will support the Concentrator Team in producing and sending concentrate to the other North Atlantic Operations.
Additionally, in this position you will:
- Be committed to Safety.
- Monitor equipment processes.
- Participate in crew safety meetings.
- Conduct troubleshooting activities when problems arise and interact with the team to resolve.
- Participate fully in the Vale Production System (VPS)
- Be required to work shift work.
- Work within a team environment and have the ability to work independently on one’s own initiatives when required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 year of Industrial Experience
- Ability to recognize hazards in an industrial workplace and understands his or her role in assessing and managing risk.
- Ability to work independently to achieve outcomes with minimum supervision.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of common software tools such as Microsoft Word
How can Vale grow your career?
The Mill Labourer is a position that will allow the right candidate to grow their career in our mining and exploration activities in Canada. Additionally, Vale Canada offers a series of benefits including:
- Competitive salary.
- Attractive pension and benefits (company paid core coverage, flex health and dental coverage, flex accounts, disability plans and optional insurances)
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation, flex, sick, top up for maternity/parental)
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity & inclusion, and career growth.
- Grow your career in a large and global company, and mining industry leader.
- Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Online training and career development opportunities.
- Opportunities to advise and oversee the design, budget and construction of new mines and expansions.
Who We Are:
Welcome to Vale in Canada. As a leader in the mining industry, our responsibility is to positively impact our people, communities, and the environment. We value our workforce and offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale is a global leader in the production of iron ore and one of the largest producers of nickel. Active in Canada for over 100 years, Vale employs nearly 6,000 people across our corporate office in Toronto and sites in Manitoba, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador. Applying the latest technologies to sustainably produce nickel, copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver is at the heart of what we do.
With our global headquarters in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and approximately 125,000 employees in over 30 countries, Vale is constantly growing and changing. We invite you to be part of our evolution.
We have a proud history of mining in Manitoba. Our operations in Thompson, with two operating mines and concentrator plant, is in the awe-inspiring heart of the northern boreal region. It has a strong future in mining and milling, with an ongoing mission to grow as a safe, prosperous and sustainable nickel producer.
Thompson is known as the “Hub of the North.” The town was developed in the 1950s around our mine and is now a thriving community. Our home boasts a close-knit and involved community with a vibrant arts and music scene and is known for its hospitality and welcoming nature.
Thompsonites, as we call ourselves, are always ready to welcome new people to town and excited to share its gems with them. Above all, the main draw to Thompson is its unspoiled wilderness filled with waterfalls and wildlife, making it the perfect place for the adventurous soul.
From the Northern Lights to ice fishing, skating, skiing, hockey, sledding, hunting and every winter sport you can imagine, if you love the outdoors, Thompson is the perfect place for you and your family.
Difference Makes All the Difference
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer seeking to increase diversity across our operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Manitobans Act, accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.