Location: NNOC High School
The role of the school Social Worker is to provide support to the students within our schools on a day-to-day basis. The Social Worker works one-on-one and in groups to develop personal skills and social skills as well develop strategies, goals, and action plans. The Social Worker acts as a liaison between other agencies to provide the appropriate supports for our schools. This position consists of advocacy for students, referral services, service plan development, crisis intervention and prevention, and more.
- Assists students to improve and maintain their social, emotional, physical, and spiritual attributes.
- Assists students with improving and maintaining their academic ability through goal setting and planning.
- Assists students with appropriate coping mechanisms to live a healthy and sustainable life.
- Assesses students/client’s needs to provide social supports.
- Collaborates with other agencies to provide the required social supports.
- Creates and implements school wide programs for student involvement.
- Completes all necessary documentation and maintains confidentiality of case files/student files.
- Strengthens and improves current programs in place.
- Develops plans on an individual basis for students with implementation.
- Provides recommendations to administration regarding school programming.
- Provides written updates to administration on program success and challenges.
- Reviews the applicable school plan and seeks to integrate components into programming and action plans.
- Ensures compliance with legislation, regulation, and policies.
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree
- Valid Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Valid Drivers License an asset
- Knowledge of Child and Family Services Act
- Negotiable based on Qualifications and Years of Experience
Please submit an updated resume, cover letter, and minimum of 3 references to:
NNCEA Human Resources
Deadline: Tuesday June 20, 2023 at 4:00PM