Read the August/September 2019 issue of Achimowina – NCN’s community, government, business, arts and events news.
Plans Are Coming Together for NCN Health Centre
One of the exciting infrastructure projects on the horizon for Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation is the new Health Centre. It will be located in the new development next to RC Point, and will provide health, dental and pharmacy care, emergency services and community programs, all under one roof.
“Healthcare is a necessity and this new facility has been a long time coming for Nelson House. It will provide a greater range of healthcare options for community members,” says Souk Xoumphonphackdy, the architect working on the Health Centre design. “Along with the water treatment plant, new school and new housing, this facility is right up there in exciting new developments for Nelson House.”
The building will be about 35,200 square feet, and will include exam rooms, dental suites, boardrooms, office space for community programs, residences for nurses and visiting professionals, and a separate emergency wing. The landscaped outdoor space will include a courtyard, gardens and walking trails. Read the Newsletter for the complete story.
OKIMAHKAN OTY’AMIWIN FROM THE CHIEF
- Continuing to Move Our Nation Forward
- Highlights From The Past Year
KITITAHWINAOW ACHIMOWIN COMMUNITY
- New Community Projects Break Ground
- New Community Protection Law Set for October (Full Details of Law Outlined)
- Local Athlete Brad Hunter Competes in Lima, Peru
- Learning the Cree Way of Life
- The Return of NCN’s Pow Wow
- How to Apply for a Permit Under Community Protection Law
- NCN Summer Festival 2019 a Muddy Blast
- Know Your NCN – Mystery Lake Motor Hotel
- NCN Athletes Headed to North American Indigenous Games
- NCN Flames Hockey Club Seeks Sponsors
- Filling Up with Joy at the NCN Gas Bar Grand Openings