Department: NISICHAWAYASIHK CREE NATION
Position: Social Assistance Administrator
Deadline: January 30, 2024
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Range: TO BE DETERMINED
Ref #: NCN 2024-01-16-002
The Social Assistance Administrator is responsible for providing or arranging for the provision of social individual assistance, family and adult services to qualified residents of the community.
- Able to follow policies and regulations with a minimal number of inconsistencies; secures advice and guidance when needed
- Provide documentation for special requests.
- Working with each client and the right to confidentiality will be honored.
- Maintains complete and up-to date files on clients
- Receiving social assistance applications from applicants, together with supplementary documentation such as income declaration forms, health-status certificates, bank account statements, and other forms and statements as required.
- Completing a budget and decision sheet to determine, on a basis of resources and needs, eligibility for financial assistance.
- Providing and assisting applicants by cheque or purchase order as appropriate and consistent with the regulations defined in the departmental policy manual.
- Discuss with the applicant his/her application and circumstances to establish his/her needs to identify available resources or alternative means of support. It shall be the duty of the Social Assistance Administrator to validate information received from the applicant by investigating eligibility for unemployment insurance, old age pension, and other income for which the applicant may be eligible
- Monthly reports and supporting documents are submitted monthly.
- Completion of secondary school, or equivalent to secondary school.
- Over eighteen (18) years of age;
- Work history with good work attitudes
- Work experience that has demonstrated the ability to engage successfully in work of this capacity to learn.
- An understanding of social and cultural life and history of the community
- An understanding of the structure and function of the local government.
- Personal qualities that will foster positive, effective relationships with clients, including tact, discretion, patience, sensitivity, understanding, and respect for others regardless of situation
- Ability to understand and explain regulations
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Nora Thomas, Human Resource Administrator
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Fax: (204) 484-2588
Email: [email protected]