Accounts Payable /Receivable Clerk Description:
Nisichawayasi Nehetho Culture and Education Authority Inc. (NNCEA) is seeking a motivated, experienced and energetic individual for our organization to fill the role of Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Clerk. The candidate must have a positive work ethic; take initiative, bookkeeping skills and work well in a team environment. Ability to implement time management, attention to detail, communication, organization, integrity, honesty and computer office skills are necessary.
If you are a finance professional who has experience to strategically support a team and the overall organization, with excellent clerical skills in order to ensure- effective, efficient, and accurate financial and administrative functions, and are ready for a new challenge, we would like to hear from you.
The Accounts Payable /Receivable Clerk is responsible for:
- Preparing monthly financial statements for Board review.
- Other financial reports and projects as required by NNCEA team.
- Liaison with auditors to ensure annual reporting is carried out.
- Reconcile GL accounts on a monthly basis.
Roles and Duties:
- Use word processing, spreadsheet, and database or presentation software to prepare/edit/format invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents.
- Develop or maintain a records management system (including classifying and coding electronic and hardcopy files).
- Basic bookkeeping duties such as accounts payable/receivable and the reconciliation of NNCEA accounts.
- Processing all student cheques and payables authorized for payment.
- Operate office equipment such as fax machines, photocopiers, voice mail messaging systems and computer scanning equipment.
- Monitor expenditures based on program work-plans/budgets.
- Responsible for general financial oversight and monitoring of cash flow.
- Reconciling: advances and provide financial updates on a monthly and quarterly basis. Reconciling audits annually to identify discrepancies to advance provided and expenditures claimed.
- Provide accounts receivable, accounts payable and pre-paid expense schedule on a monthly basis.
- Receive and verify Purchase Orders, invoices and cheque requisitions for processing.
- Data entry of invoices, cheque requisitions and processing of cheques.
- Assist to update and reconcile Financial Updates.
- Processes cheques for Direct Deposit.
- Verify and correct financial claim forms and record as general journal entry into accounting program.
- Updating and maintaining records of expenditures.
- Responding to vendor invoices.
- Communicate with the NNCEA Director of Education/HR regarding status of accounts or as issues arise.
- Analyzing financial records for accuracy. Follow up with discrepancies of all outstanding accounts payable (A/P)/accounts receivables (A/R).
Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk Qualifications:
- Accounting or Business Administration degree/diploma, and/or Computerized Accounting Diploma and/or Certification from a recognized institution in Manitoba/Canada.
- Three consecutive years’ accounting/finance experience in a First Nation and/or Not-For-Profit environment.
- A combination of post-secondary courses in accounting or an equivalent combination of education & experience as determined by NNCEA will be considered.
- Three years or more experience working with SAGE 300 accounting software.
- Experience and knowledge of accounts payable A/P, accounts receivable A/R.
- Capable and excellent understanding and application of Microsoft Office programs.
NNCEA recognizes the importance of building an exemplary service delivery organization that is equal, inclusive, and reflective of the population it serves. This is a Full-Time position located in our Alice Moore Education Centre (AMEC) in Nisichawayashik Cree Nation. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter (please state position title applying for), along with (3) references (including most recent employer reference) by 4:00 p.m. May 4, 2023 to
NNCEA Human Resource Department
6 Otetiskiwin Drive West
Nelson House, MB. R0B 1A0
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Successful applicants must provide satisfactory Criminal and Child Abuse Registry Checks.