Finance Comptroller Description:
Nisichawayasi Nehetho Culture and Education Authority Inc. (NNCEA) is seeking an experienced Finance Comptroller to undertake and oversee all aspects of financial management; including regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, financial risk management and abide by control policies and procedures Provide accurate monthly financial reports and maintain accuracy through all accounting processes, and oversee the finance team. The candidate must have a positive attitude; take initiative, accounting skills and work well in a team environment. Ability to implement time management, attention to detail, communication, organization, integrity, honesty and computer office skills are necessary.
If you are a finance professional who can use your experience to strategically support a team and the overall organization, have excellent financial skills in order to ensure- effective, efficient, and accurate financial and administrative functions, and are ready for a new challenge, we would like to hear from you.
The Finance Comptroller is responsible for:
- Managing all finance and accounting operations of the NNCEA Finance Unit.
- Coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Preparing and presenting monthly financial statement preparation for Board review.
- Other financial reports and projects as required by NNCEA.
- Liaison with auditors to ensure audit preparation is carried out and completed.
- Reconcile GL accounts on a monthly basis.
Roles and Duties:
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget, financial forecasts and report variances.
- Prepare, review and complete timely monthly financial statements.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Ensure quality control with local, federal and provincial government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Three years or more experience working with SAGE 300 accounting software
- Use word processing, spreadsheet, and database or presentation software to prepare/edit/format invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents.
- Strong knowledge of program operations, funding and financial best practices.
- Full cycle accounting.
- Problem solving, excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Finance Comptroller Qualifications:
- Proven working experience as a Finance Comptroller.
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- Advanced degree in accounting.
- CPA, CMA, CAFM preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with creating monthly financial statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month and year-end close process.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
- Supervisory Skills.
NNCEA recognizes the importance of building an exemplary service delivery organization that is equal, inclusive, and reflective of the population it serves. This is a Full-Time position located in our Alice Moore Education Centre (AMEC) in Nisichawayashik Cree Nation. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter (please state position title applying for), along with (3) references (including most recent employer reference) by 4:00 p.m. May 4, 2023 to;
NNCEA Human Resource Department
6 Otetiskiwin Drive West
Nelson House, MB. R0B 1A0
Email: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Successful applicants must provide satisfactory Criminal and Child Abuse Registry Checks.