The Nihitho Language and Culture Unit (NLCU) is looking to fill the position of Operations Management Assistant.
Overall, the Operations Management Assistant is responsible and accountable to Wm. Elvis Thomas, the Director of Nihitho Language and Culture Unit (NLCU) or designate for providing assigned management support services undertaken by the Nihitho Language and Culture Unit (NLCU).
Salary: Negotiable depending on qualifications and experience
The Operations Management Assistant will be required to perform an array of administrative responsibilities that include:
- General secretarial and receptionist duties that include receiving and screening all in-bound calls, emails, visitors as well as document production and filing;
- Drafting, reviewing and editing time-sensitive NLCU correspondence;
- Managing in-bound and out-bound mail;
- Minute taking at administrative meetings and at Elder/Knowledge Keeper language and history working group meetings;
- Making travel arrangements;
- Creating and maintaining proposal and program files including reporting requirements as well as maintaining accurate budget and project deliverable records;
- Financial management assistance with budgets, expense reports, invoices, and other relevant monetary documents as needed;
- Preparing both proposal and internal reporting documents; and
- Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required.
In performing all the tasks of this position it is essential that the Operations Management Assistant observes and maintains the highest degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
The Operations Management Assistant must possess the following:
- Ability to speak and understand asiniska ithiniwak dialect will be an asset.
- A strong daily work ethic.
- Ability to adapt to new technology.
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Superior professional telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage numerous simultaneous demands.
- Ability to adapt/respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Ability to type efficiently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Familiarity with and the ability to process financial documentation and budget management.
- Have a minimum of one-year experience in a related industry. (Some on the job training will be provided as needed.)
Application Deadline: Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (please state position title applying for), along with (3) references (including a most recent employer reference) by Friday, October 20, 2023 at 4:00 pm to:
In Person: Wm. Elvis Thomas
Director of Nihitho Language and Culture Unit (NLCU),
Alice Moore Education Centre (AMEC),
Nisichawayasihk, Manitoba (Formally Nelson House)
On-line: [email protected]
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Successful applicants must provide satisfactory Criminal/Vulnerable Sector check and Child Abuse Registry Check.