Position: General Manager
Reports to: CEO and Board Members
Location: Winnipeg, MB
NCN Thompson Bus & Freight Ltd is a fast-growing passenger, freight and charter business, MB-based company that provides an innovative, cost-effective solution to the transportation solutions.
At NCN THOMPSON BUS you belong to a team who want to provide cost effective solutions for passenger and freight transportation. You’re a people mover and a difference-maker, living on by a set of shared values, entrusted to safely transporting people to and from their destinations. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative leaders, who deliver on their commitments, who empower and engage their employees to achieve great things, and who believe in inclusion. The General Manager will oversee all departments, including finance, operations, maintenance, marketing and sales, safety, and business development. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, free and ongoing training, employee recognition programs, and endless opportunities for advancement.
What You Do
- Provide leadership and direction by engaging and empowering a dedicated team
- Develop and maintain trusted and robust working relationship with key stakeholders, colleagues, customers, and employees
- Create a working environment that is aligned with the organization’s desire to be Employer of Choice
- Grow the business by collaborating with Business Development to identify and following through on business development, sales, and marketing opportunities
- Develop and support a team with a focus on safety, customer service, reliability and operational effectiveness
- Ensure appropriate reporting tools are in place to monitor results with the view of continually improving operations
- Continually assess and benchmark operational processes with those of other product and service providers and leading organizations within and outside of the industry to promote the highest levels of service efficiency
- Forecast, document and report Key Performance Indicators to measure the effectiveness of the operation and develop strategies to correct problem areas
- Network and volunteer in the community and industry to acquire business contracts and establish relationships
- Implement initiatives designed to increase employee engagement and customer satisfaction
- Administer and oversee, budgets, and contracts; review and approve expenditures and service standards; meet service delivery objectives and oversee business activities
- Remain current with latest transportation industry and local trends
What You Bring
- Post-secondary education with emphasis on Management
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience in transportation operations management, preferably in a passenger transportation operation
- Previous experience managing budgets and financial statements
- Effective team leadership in a people-oriented culture
- Expertise in organizational planning and strategic thinking
- Team player and coach who generates a motivating and empowering climate in which people strive to excel
- High level of emotional intelligence to deal with all levels of personnel and clientele
- Strong communicator who is capable of building and bridging relationships across functional groups
- Knowledge of provincial and federal laws and regulations pertaining to industry requirements
The General Manager will be responsible for the overall direction and operations of the business, ensuring we provide the highest level of customer service to our customers. The ideal candidate will have a passion for helping others and will be open to new ideas. This person will be able to inspire our team to work harder and smarter, while working with them to find solutions that benefit them all. The ideal candidate will also have a passion for helping others and will be open to new ideas about how they can help more people.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own all operations functions, including hiring, training, performance management, sales, marketing, inventory management, etc.
- Owns all financial reports and financial analysis.
- Owns all operations budgets and forecasting.
- Owns all operational metrics (ROI, O&M) and reports on them regularly.
- Owns all operational processes (training, performance management).
- Owns all operational processes (inventory management).
- Owns all operational KPIs (ROI, O&M) and reports on them regularly.
- Manages the company’s growth by adopting best practices in hiring and training employees. Ensures that we hire only top performers so that we can provide quality service to our customers in a timely manner. Checks candidates’ competencies regularly to ensure they are up to standard before hiring them, and ensures that they are satisfied before being allowed on the job. Ensures that staff are properly trained before being allowed on the job. Ensures that staff are satisfied before being allowed on the job. Ensures that all company assets are managed efficiently so that the company can run at its best capacity during busy times and can deliver high quality at an affordable price during peak demand.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role or related field industry preferred
- Experience with managing people preferred
- Experience in sales or customer service preferred
- Experience with ERP software preferred but not required
- Experience in sales or inventory management preferred but not required
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00-$135,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB R3H 0V3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person (Winnipeg)
Fax: (204) 484-2588