Department: NCN GOVERNMENT
Position: Monitoring Advisory Committee (MAC) x 2 Positions
Deadline: Wednesday, September 20, 20223
Start Date: TBA
Salary Range: Honorarium Provided
Ref #: NCN 2023-09-06-001
Position Summary/Job Description:
The Monitoring Advisory Committee (MAC) is an advisory committee to the Limited Partnership. It is intended as a communication forum, to provide accurate and pertinent information to the limited partners with respect to ongoing Wuskwatim Generation Project monitoring activities.
The commitment and role of a committee member in the M.A.C committee is fundamental. The respected committee members are not directly a part of the decision-making process, however, are a guide to ensure fairness and equality and an advisor where there may be discrepancies. A report outlining any concerns raised by NCN in the MAC meetings with respect to Wuskwatim Generation Project monitoring activities will be provided to the Limited Partnership.
The MAC Review Committee is responsible for:
- Gain an understanding of economic, social, and environmental monitoring activities planned for or occurring during construction, commissioning, and operations and decommissioning, including but not limited to Receiving regular updates on activities, Providing input into monitoring activities and planning, Reviewing public and regulatory reporting materials.
- Advise the Limited Partnership regarding the content, publication, and distribution of the Wuskwatim Project Monitoring Annual Report.
- Hydro as a service provider under the Management Agreement will attend meetings of the MAC and provide reports on ongoing Wuskwatim Generation Project monitoring activities.
- The MAC will meet quarterly unless otherwise agreed to by NCN and Hydro.
- A registered member of Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation or the spouse(legally married) of a registered member;
- Not convicted of an indictable offense under the Criminal Code of Canada.
- The MAC will be comprised of three NCN nominees (one of whom is a director of the General Partner) and four Hydro nominees (possessing knowledge of the economic, social, and environmental monitoring impacts and benefits).
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Nora Thomas, Human Resource Administrator
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Fax: (204) 484-2588
Cell: (204) 307-1178
Email: [email protected]