Employer: Family & Community WELLNESS CENTRE
Position: Two (2) Board Members
Deadline: Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Start Date: ASAP
Wage Range: Monthly Honorarium
Ref #: NCN 2023-11-01-002
The Board of Directors shall exercise all powers of the Wellness Centre granted to it, under the Authorities Act, and such powers as are ancillary or incidental thereto; Oversee in general all the business and affairs of the Wellness Centre; the board shall meet a minimum of ten (10) times in each year and an annual meeting to be held each year within six (6) months following the fiscal year of the Wellness Centre.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Implementation of the organization’s purpose, vision, and the existing governance framework
- Ensuring adherence to Manitoba Child and Family Services Act and Regulations
- Responsibility for establishing and implementing policies and procedures
- Control over the FCWC budget
- Authority to negotiate funding agreements with Provincial and Federal Government
ELIGIBILITY FOR REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be over 18 years of age;
- Must be a member of NCN, who resides in NCN, as defined in the NCN Election Code;
- Have the ability to actively participate in Board deliberation;
- Are willing to respect other Board Members, share power in the group process and be comfortable delegating the management of the Wellness Centre to the Chief Executive Officer;
- Exhibit a demonstrated commitment to leading a life style consistent with the mandate of the Wellness Centre;
- Are not the Chief or member of the Band Council of NCN; and
- The incumbent must complete and clear a Child Abuse Registry Check and Criminal Records Check;
- Are not charged with any indictable offence under the criminal code of Canada and who are free from any conviction under the Criminal Code of Canada for a period of three (3) years prior to their appointment to the Board and convictions for any indictable offence for a period of five (5) years prior to their appointment to the Board and are not listed on the Child Abuse Registry.
The board of directors will be appointed for a period of up to four (4) years and will be accountable to Chief and Council. The composition of the board consists of five (5) members. The board members must commit to regular monthly board meetings and any special meetings as well as participate in board development training and policy development committees.
If you are interested, please forward your letter of interest, Child Abuse Registry Check and Criminal Records Check to:
Nora Thomas, Human Resource Administrator
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-1178
Fax: (204) 484-2588
Email: [email protected]
We thank all who submit an expression of interest.