Competitive Salaries, Housing Available, Free shuttle from Thompson, Excellent Benefits!
Position: Grade 3 Teacher
Location: Nelson House Manitoba, Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Employer: Nisichawayasi Nehetho Culture and Education Authority Inc. (NNCEA) – OK Elementary School
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The NNCEA Otayitiskiwin Kiskinwahamakikamik (OK) School provides a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, transportation and moving expense reimbursement, subsidized housing in Nelson House and isolation allowance, annual travel reimbursement, shuttles from Thompson, Manitoba reimbursement for approved courses and more!
Otayitiskiwin Kiskinwahamakikamik School is a Kindergarten to Grade 6 school. The school is located in Nelson House, which is 65 km west of Thompson, Manitoba (a full-service community) and is accessible by road. This lakeside community’s natural beauty provides for an abundance of year-round outdoor recreation opportunities.
- Bachelor of Education Degree
- Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate (or eligibility for)
- A sound knowledge of provincial Early Years curricula
- Previous teaching experience preferred but not required
- Strong classroom management skills
- Experience working in a northern community an asset
- Knowledge of Indigenous Way of Life an asset
- Experience working with students with unique needs an asset
- A team player committed to the belief that all students can learn
Self-motivated Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Current resume
- List of three professional references including contact numbers
Reasonable accommodations are available for persons with disabilities on request.
By applying, you consent to the NNCEA contacting your references. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to submit a clear Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Check) and Child Abuse Registry Check.
Further information about the community is available at www.ncncree.com.
Thank you for your interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply or if you have questions, please contact:
Nic Campbell, NNCEA Director of Education