December 23, 2021
COVID-19 BULLETIN #75
URGENT – CONFIRMED CASES IN THE COMMUNITY
We were hoping this Christmas season would be very different from last year. But, tonite we have to let you know we have three confirmed cases in the community. So far, we know that 12 households and at least 30 people are contacts so far. WE DON’T WANT PEOPLE TO PANIC BUT EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE VERY, VERY CAREFUL RIGHT NOW. We will decide what additional steps need to be taken once we have more information.
We are hopeful that this will not spread out of control as many people are vaccinated compared to last Christmas. We encourage everyone to get your kids 5 and older vaccinated and get your boosters now as it takes time to build immunity.
The Wellness Centre will be open from 9:00 till noon on December 24, 26, 27 and 28th. It will re-open for regular hours on Wednesday, December 29th. It is really important that everyone who is eligible get vaccinated NOW.
Our public health team started conducting full contact tracing a few hours ago. They will contact you if you are considered a close contact. Please give them your utmost co-operation.
Given how quickly the omicron variant is spreading everywhere it is absolutely critical that everyone follow the rules we have in place. LIMIT YOUR CONTACTS.
In accordance with paragraph 3 of OIC-313-2021-12 the following new rule is in effect immediately:
- Everyone who travels to southern Manitoba must be tested upon re-entry to the community and will be required to receive at least one additional test as directed by public health
Follow the public health rules we all know by now:
- Wear a good fitting mask at all times – indoors and outdoors – if you are around anyone who is not part of your household;
- If you have any cold or flu like symptoms call the NURSING STATION to get tested and wear a mask at home to protect your loved ones;
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently; and
- Sanitize everything that is touched regularly in the house and in your vehicles;
OUR PRIORITY IS YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY. The virus has gotten back into the community so we ALL have to be extra vigilant now. We don’t know yet if our community members have omicron but we know the omicron virus is spreading COVID faster than at any other time during the pandemic.
We still don’t know if it causes as severe illness but we can’t take chances. We ALL must rapidly work together to contain the virus. Everyone of us must be responsible as none of us want to face a life and death situation.
PLEASE REMEMBER NO VISITING ANY OTHER HOUSEHOLD FOR NOW. With an active case in the community it is absolutely essential that everyone follow the rules so we can beat this before it spreads further.
We will provide more information as soon as it becomes available.