Department: Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Position: Country Foods Program Manager
Deadline: June 29, 2023
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Range: TBD upon experience
Ref #: NCN 2023-05-17-001
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Lands, Environment and Resources (LER), the Country Foods Program Manager is responsible for assisting in all aspects of the planning, organization and coordination of activities related to the Country Foods Program. The Country Foods Program Manager will also be responsible for the general supervision and field support for personnel in the Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation Country Foods Program.
- Plan, organize, lead, and monitor to ensure that the Country Foods Program is functioning in a proactive manner.
- Administer the program in accordance with NCN Human Resource Policy.
- Submit CAP/CIP funding proposal annually to Nisichawayasihk Trust and Taskinigaph Trust and prepare and submit quarterly and year end reports.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with LER management Team.
- Prepare annual inventory report of equipment to NCN LER Department.
- Provide support services, resources and assistance to NCN Citizens/Organizations when requested.
- Maintain financial records relating to the Country Foods Program and a suitable filing system.
- Provide traditional teachings to Youth in regard to fishing, wild food preparation and liaise with other NCN Organizations.
- Promote domestic fishing and hunting activities in the NCN Resource Management area and follow applicable laws/regulations.
- Research and apply for external funding sources whenever possible.
- Maintain a good stock of traditional foods and medicines.
- Develop and implement annual work plan to ensure program staff are harvesting traditional foods and medicines during all four seasons.
- Develop and implement safe work procedures as it relates to the program.
- Document all near misses/incidents or accidents involved in the workplace.
- Conduct and document employee performance evaluations.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director of LER.
- Must possess a valid MB class 5 driver’s license.
- Minimum grade 12 education with some previous supervisory & management experience is preferred.
- Basic First Aid and CPR required.
- PAL certification for firearms preferred.
- Understand and communicate fluently in the NCN Nehetho language and knowledge of traditional foods and gatherings.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with basic computer and other Microsoft office software.
- Training and experience in developing and managing budgets.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Travel – On occasion, some travel may be required in accordance with the NCN Financial Policy and Procedures.
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Nora Thomas, Human Resource Administrator
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-1178
Fax: (204) 484-2588
Email: [email protected]