Workplace Education Manitoba is growing!
In our 30th year of providing Essential Skills (ES) solutions to Manitobans, WEM continues its work, training 3000+ learners per year, towards success. Partnering with over 600 workplaces across the province over the past 5 years.
Through our 10 locations across the province, we are truly local. With partnerships the key to success, we have strong connections in each region, including Indigenous Communities, workplaces, labour unions, non-profits, and the Manitoba government. It is about having the right people at the table.
We need Workplace ES Trainers
We are looking for people with understanding and experience in Adult Education and a proven ability to support learners to use the skills gained within Workplaces.
These positions are contract of varying lengths and delivery times. We deliver during the day, evenings, and weekends. Each contract is based on the needs and availability of our learners and partners as well as the selected contractors. The delivery could be Virtual or In-person, dependent on any current restrictions.
The differing expertise we are looking for is broad and are looking for people with experience that focuses on at least one of:
- Workplace Training
- Writing at Work
- Soft skills
- 21st Century Learning skills
- Needs assessment
- Training Evaluation
- Learning mentorship
We work in partnership with our learners and workplaces located in all regions of the province and within Indigenous Communities. We have work near and far from where you are so note if you are open to travel within Manitoba and/or to working remotely.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing and delivering Workplace training that requires development and customization of learning content
- Some experiences and certifications that could support ES Workplace Training
- Diversity training
- Lean training
- Social competence
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office).
- Experience and strength in building customized content that directly supports learning
- Ability to plan engaging and interactive learning activities and tasks.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong self-management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the various cultural groups and ethnicities.
- Confident, personable, and engaging presenter.
- Able to set aside adequate time to teach the course and interact with participants constantly.
- Entrepreneurial mindset
For virtual delivery:
- Minimum of 1-year consistent experience in virtual delivery.
- Experience with relevant distance education technology tools such as zoom technology, Microsoft Teams, google docs, google suites.
- Understanding of how to utilize and maximize online technology.
- Have access to equipment, web cam, internet access and other equipment’s required for virtual sessions.
Applicants must provide a cover letter and resume with their application. Applicants must demonstrate on their resume the area of expertise and how they meet the qualifications.
Please forward your application to email@example.com by Friday, May 21st, 2021.
Please click on the URL for more info on Essential Skills: https://wem.mb.ca/essential-skills/