Workplace Education Manitoba is growing!
In our 30th year of providing Essential Skills solutions to Manitobans, WEM continues its work, training 3000+ learners per year, towards success. Through our 10 locations across the province, we are truly local. With partnerships being key to success, we have strong connections in each region, including Indigenous Communities, workplaces, labour unions, non-profits, and the Manitoba government. It is about having the right people at the table.
Being results based, we have worked with our learners and partnering workplaces to increase Manitoba salaries by over $1.7M alone in the past year. Our goal is to keep that increasing every year!
We are looking for people with understanding and experience in Adult Education and a proven ability to support learners to use the skills gained to move to employment or future training.
These positions are contract of varying lengths and delivery times. We deliver during the day, evenings, and weekends. Each contract is based on the needs and availability of our learners and partners. Although we need people with experience delivering in-person training our focus right now is Virtual Delivery.
We want to hear from you either way but know we will be looking at Virtual delivery as a priority.
The differing expertise we are looking for is broad and are looking for people with experience that focuses on at least one of:
- Numeracy (Math)
- Trades Math
- Soft skills
We work in partnership with our learners and partners located in all regions of the province, including Indigenous Communities.
We have work near and far from where you are so note if you are open to travel within Manitoba and/or to working remotely.
Qualifications for all contractors:
- Bachelor of Education or Adult Education Certificate or experience in Trades Instruction
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in your area of expertise
- Looking for Instructors that can develop and deliver customized learning to a multi-level group
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office).
- Experience and strength in building customized content that directly supports learning
- Ability to plan engaging and interactive learning activities and tasks.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong self-management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the various cultural groups and ethnicities.
- Confident, personable, and engaging presenter.
- Able to set aside adequate time to teach the course and interact with participants constantly.
- Entrepreneurial mindset
For virtual delivery:
- Minimum of 1-year consistent experience in virtual delivery.
- Experience with relevant distance education technology tools such as zoom technology, Microsoft Teams, google docs, google suites.
- Understanding of how to utilize and maximize online technology.
- Have access to equipment, web cam, internet access and other equipment’s required for virtual sessions.
Applicants must provide a cover letter and resume; Applicants must demonstrate on their resume the area of expertise and how they meet the qualifications.
Please forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, May 21st, 2021.
Please click on the URL for more info on Essential Skills: https://wem.mb.ca/essential-skills/