Employer: NCN Women’s Shelter
Position: Executive Director – WOMEN’S SHELTER
Deadline: Friday, September 24, 2021 @noon
Start Date: ASAP
Wage Range: Negotiable
Ref #: NCN 2021-09-09-001
The Executive Director will be responsible for directing and managing the development and implementation of programs and services to meet the emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual needs women in NCN. The Executive Director will provide direction and supervise all staff in the varied program needs of the Women’s Shelter as it evolves, including the development of culturally-rooted strategies, proposals, programs, and services. The Executive Director manages the Centre’s current financial resources and seeks new or alternate sources of funding. The position maintains public relations and a strong positive rapport with the community as well as government partners and organizations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Administrative and Financial:
- Development of the Operational and Governance Structure for the Women’s Shelter in consultation with the Senior Management Team (SMT) and Chief and Council (Council) and in accordance with the customary principles, culture, and language of NCN.
- Assumes responsibility for annual budget submissions and expenditures, and reporting requirements to NCN and government funders.
- In conjunction with the Board, develops policies, standards, and procedures to improve or enhance program quality.
- Recommends developmental changes or operational improvements for consideration by the Board and Chief and Council as required.
- Initiates and conducts internal evaluation of the shelter services and programs and cooperates in any service audit as requested.
- Develops strategies for fund raising and develops grant applications to alternative funding sources/organizations.
- Attends Chief and Council meetings, as pre-set and requested, and provides financial and statistical reports as required.
- Provides oversight, input, and assistance into the recruitment and retention of qualified employees in conjunction with the Executive Director of Human Resources.
- Development of Job Descriptions and a suitable performance management system to develop and enhance employee skills and abilities
- Conducts regular performance reviews with staff on an annual basis
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the Women’s Shelter policies to be consistent with all NCN Personnel and Finance policies.
Program Planning and Services
- Develops, implements, and monitors a program in accordance with the culture, language, and ways of life of Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation, with respect to:
- Emergency shelter for abused women and their children
- Learning/healing programs for those impacted
Liaison and Public Relations
- Ability to connect with and engage Elders, Grandmothers, Knowledge Keepers, and Traditional Healing to work with the Program Staff in designing and delivering culturally-rooted programs, services, and supports.
- Makes submissions and presentations to the government, other funding agencies and community organizations
- College Diploma or University Degree in Community Health Services, Health or Social Sciences, Aboriginal Counselling Services, Aboriginal Governance, or equivalent demonstrated education and employment experience.
- Specialized knowledge of families in crisis, holistic wellness approaches, harm-reduction approaches, and trauma informed care.
- Strong understanding of government funding requirements, fundraising, and grant development
- Training or experience in business management; organizational leadership and planning
- Must acknowledge and consent to the NCN Alcohol and Drug Policy
Only those who are selected for interview will be contacted. Please provide a Current Criminal Records Check, Cover Letter, Resume and Three (3) References to:
Kim Linklater, Executive Director of Human Resources
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-2107
Fax: (204) 484-2588