Department: Intergovernmental Affairs & Special projects
Position: Trust Coordinator
Deadline: Monday, November 28, 2022
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Range: To be determined
Ref #: NCN-2022-11-14-001
POSITION SUMMARY/JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Under the general direction of the Executive Director of the Intergovernmental Relations & Special Projects, the Trust Coordinator will be responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating CAP-CIP program, ensure the issues related to the administration of the Nisichawayasihk and Taskinigahp Trusts, and the related provisions of the 1996 NFA Implementation Agreement and the 2006 Wuskwatim Project Development Agreement are adhered to as per stipulations in both Trust Implementation Agreements. The Trust Coordinator shall also function as the Claims Officer appointed in accordance with these agreements.
- Ensures that all projects/programs funded from the CAP-CIP are carried out according to specifications as disclosed to the membership and approved in accordance with the Trust Policies and Trust Indentures.
- Obtains all relevant information from the Corporate Trustee regarding Funds Available and any other moneys that can be spent in a given fiscal year.
- Provides all necessary administrative and analytical support to the CAP-CIP Committee in the review of the proposals and prepares the annual recommendations of proposed expenditures from the Trusts, presents the Committee’s recommendations to the Chief and Council and the community.
- Ensures that all documents being presented for review by Chief and Council or NCN Citizens adhere to set standards and procedures as a prerequisite to approval, ensures that items are not brought forwards prematurely, items have been sufficiently analyzed, consideration has been given to previous decisions and deliberations, and all financial, operational, legal, political/governmental, human relations, communications and other implications are reviewed, as necessary.
- Acts as liaison with the Corporate Trustee to ensure that approved expenditure proposals are submitted to the Trustees with a certified Council Resolution.
- Communicates with all approved project proponents to ensure that all projects/programs are completed effectively and efficiently in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all projects/programs fulfill all reporting and accountability requirements under the Trust Indentures and Related Agreements.
- Acts as the Claims Officer under both Trusts to carry out the duties set out in relevant Agreements either alone or in conjunction with the relevant Trustees.
- Acts as a Liaison with Manitoba Hydro, GP, LP and MAC Committee
- Ensures that all obligations set out in the NFA & PDA are adhered to
- From time to time may assist in Law Development, Community Engagements and other special projects assigned
- All other duties assigned from time to time by the Executive Director of Intergovernmental Relations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE GUIDELINES:
- 2 years experience working in Administration or in Financial Area
- Business/Financial Administration or of equivalence
- Strong communication and Interpersonal communication skills
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and capable of receiving instructions
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Nora Thomas, Human Resource Administrator
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-1178
Fax: (204) 484-2588