Nisichawayasi Nehetho Culture and Education Authority Inc. is seeking to fill one (1) position for a full time Transportation Supervisor. The primary role of the Transportation Supervisor is to oversee the Transportation Mechanic and Transportation Bus Drivers. The Transportation Supervisor is responsible for maintenance and servicing of buses, reporting and documenting for buses, conducting training for bus drivers, ensuring efficiency of bus schedules, conducting safe bus evacuations, and the overall implementation of our school bus system. This position also requires the Supervisor to do daily bus trips to meet the needs of our system. The Transportation Supervisor reports to the Assistant Director of Education.
- Minimum Grade 12 Education
- Current and valid Manitoba Class Two (2) Driver’s License
- Valid school bus driving certificate
- Minimum 5 years of licensed driving experience
- Current driver’s abstract demonstrating satisfactory driving record
- Former management or supervisor experience is an asset
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of regulations contained in The Highway Traffic Act, The Public Schools Act and the School Buses Regulation relative to the operation and maintenance of school buses.
- Thorough knowledge of regulations, policies and practices as required by Manitoba Education and the School Board relative to the operation and maintenance of school buses.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Mechanical ability and understanding of computer diagnostics related to bus maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with employment legislation and policies
- Ensures all buses meet safety regulations
- Plans transportation routes and assigns drivers to specific routes and times
- Maintains vehicle safety logs, maintenance logs, and incident reports
- Ensures parts and consumable materials are ordered on time for use
- Ensures the safety and readiness of all buses in coordination with the Transportation Mechanic
- Assess the safety of bus route on a daily basis and provides reports to Assistant Director of Education as needed
- Provides training for bus drivers as well safety routes and demonstrations for students
- Maintains records for each trip including number of students, mileage, gas used, oil records, incident reports, student incident/health reports, and any other additional information
- Ensures cleanliness of fleet prior to, during, and after all trips
- Ensures sanitation of the interior and exterior of the fleet
- Ensures only authorized persons ride on the bus
- Coordinates extracurricular transportation in consultation with school Principals
- Ensures all NNCEA property and facilities are kept safe, clean, and inventoried
- Maintains and approves records for repairs, fuel, and oil
- Completes applicable reporting for Frontier School Division and provides to Assistant Director of Education
- Ensures that accidents are promptly and properly reported to authorities and insurance agents
- Any other additional tasks as assigned by Assistant Director of Education
- Develops and maintains relationships with stakeholders
- Monitors Transportation budget and ensures sound financials
Rate of Pay:
- This position is full time and will be a salaried position including benefits and pension plan through NNCEA.
- The annual salary for this position is $52,000 payable over 26 pay periods.
- Full time employees will be entitled to scheduled holidays within the academic year and 10 days of annual holidays after 1 year of employment.
- NNCEA staff must submit a valid Criminal Record Check and also a Child Abuse Registry Check
- Good visual acuity
- Able to work in an effective and efficient manner
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Start Date: Wednesday August 11, 2021
Hours of Work: 7:45am-4:30pm
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, and references by June 15, 2021 at 4:00pm to Nic Campbell (email@example.com) – Assistant Director of Education at Alice Moore Education Centre.
*Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for.