Title: Strengthening Families – Maternal Child Health (SF-MCH) – Home Visitor Full-Time
Reporting to the Maternal Child Health Nurse Supervisor. The Home Visitor is responsible to provide family support, information on parenting, pre/postnatal care, healthy lifestyle, child growth and development, referral and access to other services. Works with families to build on their strengths, develop their parenting skills, help them to connect with resources in the community, and promote healthy babies through encouraging safety, growth and learning.
Demonstrated Skills & Abilities:
- Conduct home visits providing parental support utilizing the “Growing Great Kids” module.
- Schedules and keeps appointments for home visits. Provides in-home support to families in the community.
- Plans and prepares materials for the development education in the home including information to expectant and new parents on pregnancy, healthy child development, providing a safe secure and nurturing environment, behavior management and life skills.
- Reviews and evaluates family progress in collaboration with their supervisor and team
- Assists in program planning and development by coordinating work plans, activities, and educational promotion materials
- Attend and complete mandatory SF-Material Child Health staff training.
- Promotes the program in the community and collaborates with local agencies and services.
- Attends and participates in SF-MCH staff meetings
- Completes all documentation on assigned families as required (in SF-IMS)
- Maintains confidentiality regarding family visit and file.
- Provide direct support and advocacy services.
- Provide referral services
- Facilitate and coordinate support activities and events
- Knowledge of Maternal health
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to conduct presentations and speak publically
- Experienced parent/caregiver
- Ability to plan, organize and manage time effectively
- Ability to prepare and keep routine records
- Must be willing and able to travel
- Proactive approach to a healthy lifestyle
- Basic counselling skills
- Ability to learn from an in-service development training approach; accept and use supervision constructively.
- Criminal and Child Abuse Registry check
- Must have a Valid Class 5 Drivers Licence
Closing date: October 13, 2022
Submit all Applications to:
Anna Nadine Spence
Director of Human Resources
Family & Community Wellness Centre Inc.
Nelson House, MB R0B 1A0