Nisichawayasi Nehetho Culture and Education Authority Inc. is seeking to fill 4 (four) positions for Full Time Bus Drivers. The primary role of the school bus driver is to safely and efficiently transport students to and from school. The school bus driver will work under the director of the Transportation Supervisor. This position will consist of cleaning and driving NNCEA buses, reporting and documenting, and other tasks as assigned by the Transportation Supervisor such as extracurricular transportation.
- Grade 12 (or an acceptable combination of education and experience)
- Valid School Bus Driving Certificate
- Must hold a current and valid Class Two (2) Driver’s License
- Minimum of 3 years driving experience with a satisfactory driving record
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of regulations contained in The Highway Traffic Act relative to the operation and maintenance of school buses.
- Thorough knowledge of regulations and practices as required by Manitoba Education relative to the operation and maintenance of school buses.
- Thorough knowledge of School Board policies and practices relative to the operation and maintenance of school buses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates a school bus in safe, lawful, and efficient manner
- Performs required inspections prior to and after travel for all trips
- Performs necessary servicing activities as needed, such as fuelling bus
- Reports any deficiencies to Transportation Supervisor and Transportation Mechanic
- Reports all accidents, regardless of severity, to Transportation Supervisor
- Ensures cleanliness of fleet prior to, during, and after all trips
- Ensures sanitation of the interior and exterior of the fleet
- Ensures only authorized persons ride on the bus
- Utilizes 2-way radio to communicate with colleagues in a professional manner
- Assess and determines if the route or trip is safe for travel, reports as needed
- Maintains safety and security on the bus for all personnel
- Maintains records for each trip including number of students, mileage, gas used, oil records, incident reports, student incident/health reports, and any other additional information
- Conducts bus evacuation drills as required
- Any additional tasks as assigned by the Transportation Supervisor or Assistant Director of Education. During downtime bus drivers may be asked to do tasks such as cleared snow with a skid steer.
Rate of Pay:
- This position is full time and will be a salaried position including benefits and pension plan through NNCEA.
- The annual salary for this position is $41,600 payable over 26 pay periods.
- Full time employees will be entitled to scheduled holidays within the academic year and 10 days of annual holidays after 1 year of employment.
- NNCEA staff must submit a valid Criminal Record Check and also a Child Abuse Registry Check
- Good visual acuity
- Able to work in an effective and efficient manner
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Start Date: Wednesday August 25, 2021
Hours of Work: 7:45am-4:30pm
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, and references by June 25, 2021 at 4:00pm to Nic Campbell (email@example.com) -Assistant Director of Education at Alice Moore Education Centre.
*Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for.