EMPLOYER: Nisichawayasi Nehetho Culture and Education Authority Inc. (NNCEA), Nelson House, Manitoba
POSTED: May 31st, 2021
CLOSING DATE: June 11, 2021, 12 noon
INTERVIEWS: June 18-23rd, 2021
START DATE: August 16th, 2021 (If Candidate has to Isolate Otherwise September 1st, 2021)
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY: A qualified Resource Teacher is needed at NNOC for the 2021-22 school year. Successful candidate will be on the high school Resource Team and required to service the assigned Resource program students. The Resource Teacher is accountable to the Resource Program Administrator & Principal.
- A Manitoba Teacher’s Certificate or eligibility for teacher certification in Manitoba and certification in Special Education with successful, applicable teaching experiences
- Well-versed in the MB curriculum, planning & preparation, classroom instruction, various methodologies and learning disabilities
- Other areas of certification and specialization are assets
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- The ability to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced, unique school environment as a team player who works well with others so students can get the services needed on a regular basis.
- Professionally updated & aware/usage of current educational trends in teaching & special education; planning & preparing workload & individual education/behavioural plans, trauma informed schooling, record keeping, report writing, PLC’s, UDL, differentiation of instruction, assessment for/as/of learning, modelling lessons, provision of professional development, Dadavan, inclusive classrooms, remote learning, proficiency with the technology, etc.
- Knowledge of Nehetho/Cree language & culture/FN school systems in Manitoba are definite assets
- Able to take direction, model a positive work ethic, promotion of parental involvement, flexibility, and maintain confidentiality
If interested, please send a cover letter, an updated resume and three references to:
NNCEA @ AMEC, Nelson House, Manitoba
Ph. 204-679-3500 Fax: 204-484-2257 Email: email@example.com
ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
Tentative start date for new staff who have to isolate is August 16th, 2021 OR by September 1st, 2021 for those who do not need to isolate.
NB: Employment depends on submitting a clear Child Abuse Registry Check AND a clear Criminal Record Check OR Vulnerable Sector Check