Resource/Remedial (Adult Education) Instructor
Position: Resource/Remedial Adult Education Instructor
Location: Atoskiwin Training and Education Centre, Nelson House, MB
FTE: 1.0 FTE
Salary: TBN dependent upon qualifications
Term of Employment: Sept /21- June/22 with ability to renew upon successful performance review/ funding
Atoskiwin Training and Education Centre is a non-profit community –based post-secondary training facility. ATEC is committed to empowering First Nation adults to live their best lives by providing academic upgrading, job readiness and skills training.
ATEC is located in the Cree First Nation community of Nelson House, 70 kilometers north- west of Thompson, MB .It is accessible year-round by road and offers services such as a nursing station, grocery store, Multiplex, arena, and gas station. High –speed Internet is available.
- Bachelor of Education degree
- Valid Manitoba teaching license (or eligibility to obtain )
- Sound knowledge of Manitoba curriculum in Resource/Special Ed most particularly for grades 4-9
- Knowledge and understanding of teaching numeracy and literacy through adaptation, modification and accommodation
- Familiarity in producing and implementing Individualized Education Plans (IEPS)
- A strong background in language and reading acquisition and working with high needs students
- Previous experience with teaching in First Nations communities an asset
- Experience teaching adults
- Knowledge of Indigenous history and contemporary issues
- Ability to incorporate Indigenous culture into curriculum
- Ability to apply differentiated instruction
- A willingness to inquire into best practices and reflect these practices
- A commitment to life-long learning
- Experience in living and working in northern communities will be considered an asset.
As an employee of ATEC you will be considered a member of the ATEC family and will receive the supports required to succeed. All inclusive accommodation is also provided free of charge.
Please send resume listing 3 references and cover letter to: