EMPLOYER: Nisichawayasi Nehetho Culture And Education Authority (NNCEA) Inc., Nelson House, Manitoba
POSITION: Resource Program Administrator, (RPA) Nursery To Grade 12
DEADLINE: June 11th, 2021
INTERVIEWS: June 14-23rd, 2021
START DATE: Orientation may commence by mid-August 2021 or sooner
NNCEA is seeking a dynamic Administrator for the above position! NNCEA is celebrating 40 years of First Nations Control of its school system this year! The successful candidate will be on the Sr. Administration Team & will be responsible for the Resource Programs at the elementary and high schools. A new high school is scheduled to open in late August 2021. The RPA will be accountable to and support to the school Principals. NNCEA has a competitive salary & benefits package with a flex day calendar. Housing is available at a prime rate. If you feel you are suited, please apply.
- overall responsibility for Resource Program operations in its entirety with its students/staff (in total, 6 Resource Teachers, 40-50 EA’s) at the Otayitiskiwin Kiskinwahamakikamik (OK) elementary and the Nisichayasihk Neyo Ohtinwak Collegiate (NNOC) high school.
- a B.Ed. with credentials/specialization in special education and/or educational administration and successful teaching, administrative experience in managing a School Resource Program
- ability to work with minimal direction with excellent organizational, management & technological skills
- skills in overseeing students/personnel, budgets, doing funding applications, meeting deadlines, report and proposal writing, supervision, doing evaluations, assisting Principal as needed, etc.
- a team player with excellent knowledge of Special Ed., Resource Programs, the history of First Nations, FNCFNE/MB curriculum/Nihitho language and culture, trauma-informed schools, the ability to speak Cree, Dadavan, Desire 2 Learn platform, Jordan’s Principle & a valid driver’s license with a vehicle, etc.
Please send a cover letter, an updated resume and names of three references to Nelson House, MB
ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
NB: Employment is dependent on submission of a clear Child Abuse Registry Check AND a clear Criminal Record Check or Vulnerable Sector Screening Check
Tentative start date for new staff who have to orientate or isolate is August 16th, 2021 OR by September 1st, 2021 for those who do not have to isolate