Department: NCN Public Works Department
Position: Public Works Manager
Deadline: Posted until filled
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Range: Negotiable
Ref #: NCN 2022-11-21-01
POSITION: Public Works Manager
The Public Works Manager, plans, organizes, directs and integrates the NCN public works and utilities activities and functions; provides expert professional assistance in areas of expertise, including engineering, municipal water, wastewater collection, and street and land-scape maintenance; and performs related duties as required. The managers goal is to efficiently engage and utilize all personnel, materials and equipment to their highest capacity in accordance to NCN policies and procedures.
- Plans, organizes, controls, integrates and evaluates the work of the Public Works Department; develops, implements and monitors long-term plans, goals and objectives focused on achieving the communities mission and priorities; directs the development of and monitors performance against the annual department budget; manages and directs the development, implementation and evaluation of plans, policies, systems and procedures to achieve annual goals, objectives and work standards.
- Plans, organizes, directs and evaluates the performance of assigned staff; establishes performance requirements and personal development targets; regularly monitors performance and provides coaching for performance improvement and development; makes decisions on compensation and other rewards to recognize performance; takes disciplinary action, up to and including termination, to address performance deficiencies, in accordance with NCN personnel rules and policies.
- Provides leadership and works with department staff to develop and retain highly competent, customer service-oriented staff through selection, compensation, training and day-to-day management practices
- Integrates and directs the efforts and results of supervisors and staff engaged in the maintenance and repair of the NCN public works, water distribution and wastewater collection system infrastructure.
- May be required to respond to emergency situations.
- 4 or more years experience in directing personnel
- Understanding of theory, practices or techniques of Public Works
- Working conditions contain moderate risks which require planned safety precautions for limited periods of time.
- May be subjected to inclement weather when conducting site inspections.
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Nora Thomas, Human Resource Administrator
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-1178
Fax: (204) 484-2588