Department: PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Position: GENERAL truck drivers X2 (term positions)
Deadline: June 14, 2022
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Range: $15.55/hour
Ref #: NCN 2022-05-31-001
Under the direction of the Public Works Director, the Drivers will be responsible for assisting with collecting trash or yard waste from cans and dumpsters on a set route. Then take the load to a landfill (dump). The driver will also be responsible in assisting to carry garbage out by hand, assist disabled residents.
RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES
- Pick up and dispose of waste in a safe timely manner from residential customers and various other facilities
- Must be physical fit to lift up to 50 pounds or more
- Experience with mechanical work and vehicle maintenance.
- Fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of this job requires an understanding of safe working practices and the ability to drive large vehicles through narrow areas, so attention to detail is essential.
- Helpful skills include the ability to work in a team, a willingness to work in almost any weather conditions, and a thorough understanding of all potential hazards, safety rules, and applicable regulations.
- Maintain and update daily pick-up records.
- Acquire Criminal Record Check
- 10th Grade Education or equivalent
- Valid Class 4 or Class 5 driver’s license required
- CPR/First Aid and WHMIS certification would be asset (or willing to obtain)
- Must have clean driver’s abstract
- On-call duties
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Kim Linklater, Executive Director of Human Resources
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-2107
Fax: (204) 484-2588
We thank all who submit an expression of interest, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.