SALARY RANGE: $72,673 – $79,467
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm February 29th, 2020
The Public Health Nurse (PHN) is an integral part of our Multi-disciplinary team, the PHN is responsible for the overall leadership of initiatives, activities and programs. This will be achieved through their knowledge of prevention, education, care, management, support and research. The (PHN) also creates interdisciplinary relationships with fellow health care team members and other community agencies to ensure a high standard of practice and delivery of quality client care.
Demonstrated Skills & Abilities
- Experience in community health/public health with emphasis in health protection/illness prevention, health and community development.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of and skill in the application of nursing theory, practices, principles and techniques employed in the field of public health and related programs.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to prioritize needs and organize work to accomplish workload.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Active Registration with College of Registered Nurses Manitoba Registration and experience in public health.
- Knowledgeable of community based programming and First Nations culture, traditions & values.
- Valid Driver’s license, CPR & satisfactory criminal record check & child abuse registry check upon hire.
Transportation is available from Thompson to Nelson House Daily
Submit All Applications to:
Director of Human Resources
Family & Community Wellness Centre
Nelson House, MB