Workplace Education Manitoba (WEM) is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Project Coordinator – Northern region to fulfill an important and multi-faceted role who will be reporting directly to the Director of Operations for Northern Manitoba.
The purpose of this role is to coordinate the activities within the northern region including workplace and pre-employment. The general purpose of coordination is to increase Essential Skills awareness, engage partners, determine Essential Skills needs and manage the projects with focus on meeting the pre-determined Essential Skills objectives.
Qualifications and requirements:
➢ Combination of a relevant bachelor’s degree and a minimum two (2) years of related work experience is desired.
➢ Experience with project management.
➢ Ability to build partnerships with individuals and partners.
➢ Must have experience in building partnerships with Indigenous Nations.
➢ Understanding of adult education and working with adult learners,
➢ Understanding of Essential Skills responses (assessment and training) and their implementation.
➢ Demonstrated excellent organizational and coordination skills.
➢ Strong leadership skills including the ability to be forward looking, to identify change, and to be innovative.
➢ Ability to change focus readily to adapt to the immediate and ever-changing needs of WEM.
➢ Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
➢ Excellent digital technology skills; knowledge of computers, programs and how they work.
➢ Effective and independent work skills.
➢ Flexible and responsible team member.
➢ Must be willing and able to travel into Northern remote communities
➢ Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
➢ Be a positive and informed representative of Workplace Education Manitoba.
➢ Understand and be able to represent WEM assessments and training responses.
➢ Knowledge and understanding of Adult Learning principles with ability to support deliveries by incorporating this knowledge.
➢ Build partnerships with workplaces, non-profits, Indigenous communities, and government representatives with the goal of building ES awareness and responses.
➢ Ability to support ideas for customized ES deliveries – based on knowledge of past successes and available content, both assessment and training delivery.
➢ Identify, develop and coordinate agreed upon and WEM approved ES projects for the region.
➢ Initiate, build and maintain partnerships within the region to support these projects.
➢ Develop project plans in partnership and agreement of Director of Operations, Northern Manitoba including evaluation strategy, learning objectives and partnerships.
➢ Manage activities, coordinate service providers, and perform required administrative duties.
➢ Follow up with individuals and partners before, throughout and following any projects to ensure needs and outcomes are met.
➢ Reporting on projects and activities to provide ability for WEM to report activities and outcomes to funder.
➢ Be an active member of the WEM team to bring forward ideas for ES responses, need or future activities.
➢ Administrative tasks to support this process as needed.
➢ Other duties as assigned.
This role supports the activity and partnerships within Workplace and pre-employment.
• The goal of Workplace ES responses is to provide supports to workplaces and existing workers to improve team and individual performance at work. There will also be a need to understand the workplaces general needs, including hiring, retention, downsizing. As a result, other ES responses could be developed to support these workplace needs.
• The goal of pre-employment ES responses to provide learning opportunities to individuals that are wanting to move towards employment.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the management of the specified area(s) of activity within the region. The more specific activities include but are not inclusive to:
Promote Essential Skills
• Develop regional partnerships
• Build awareness of Essential Skills through presentations, meetings and conversations
• Identify regional training issues and priorities
• Engage partners, where appropriate, in Essential Skills responses
• Needs assessment
• Determination, with partner of ES learning objectives, activities, timelines, estimated timelines, and evaluation strategy
• Selection and contracting with appropriate instructor/facilitator
• Ongoing partner communication and project support as needed to ensure successful project outcomes
• Final evaluation, reporting
• Overall understanding of project and progression with ability to speak to project to partners, internal and external at any given time
• Management and monitoring of project activities, timelines and budget,
• Reporting as needed
• Track expenditures, budget, invoices
• Evaluate project results and outcomes
• Recruit and mentor Essential Skills Practitioners
• Share information
Job Type: Full Time
The position is based in northern Manitoba, with some travel required.
Remuneration will be based on qualifications and experience.
If you are a seeking an opportunity to work with a dynamic organization that provides foundational Essential Skills supports for Manitobans to achieve their employment goals, please forward your cover letter and resume on demonstrating how you meet the qualifications (including a list of references) to Workplace Education Manitoba at firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate Applying for Project Coordinator – Northern Region in the subject line of your email
Deadline to submit application is April 22, 2022
For more information about Workplace Education Manitoba and Essential Skills, please visit: www.wem.mb.ca