The Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs seeks to employ First Nations youth through the First Nations and Inuit Youth Employment Strategy, to assist First Nations in accessing Government of Canada COVID-19 and Emergency financial resources.
This work placement is for youth (up to the age of 30 years), who is a recent graduate from a post-secondary institution and is looking for work experience.
Under the direction of the Special Projects Coordinator, the Pathfinders will assist First Nations in accessing all Federal government programs that they are entitled to during the COVID-19 pandemic and emergency situations. This position will complement regional efforts in the front-end of application processes where there are direct linkages to Covid 19 and emergency relief programs they are entitled to. The Pathfinders will also support First Nations with front-end application support and monitor announcements throughout the fiscal year that will provide support to First Nations.
- Become familiar with all Government of Canada programs that are linked to COVID-19 and emergency situations;
- Receive telephone calls and answers all emails in a timely manner;
- Assist First Nations in accessing all Federal Government programs they may be entitled to;
- Support First Nations clients with frontline application assistance with all relief benefits;
- Prepare reports and draft letters as per request;
- Maintain physical and computerized office records;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
- Post-Secondary Education;
- Knowledge of First Nations culture, history, and issues;
- Excellent time management, organizational and planning skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, including effective presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work co-operatively as part of an interdisciplinary team of professionals;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and databases;
- Adhere to AMC policies and procedures with specific attention to attendance, and professional ethics;
- Possess a valid Class 5F Driver’s License and vehicle, work flexible hours, and travel upon request.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their cover letter identifying the position title applying for, qualifications, and resume, along with 3 professional reference listings (include a most recent employer reference) by 4:00 p.m. Thursday, October 28, 2021, to:
Human Resources Department
Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs
14th Floor, 275 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 2B3
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted. Preference will be given to Indigenous people and applicants are asked to self-declare in their cover letter or resume. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered. Successful candidates must provide satisfactory criminal and child abuse registry checks.
Please visit our website at www.manitobachiefs.com