The Nisichawayasi Nehetho Culture and Education Authority (“NNCEA”) is seeking bids for the exterior painting of our elementary school, known as OK School Painting (the “Project”). The Project includes priming, painting of 2 coats, and patching of any necessary holes or damage on the exterior of the building. The Project must be completed by July 30, 2022 unless an extension is agreed upon in advance by NNCEA and the successful bidder. Given requirements set by the Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation (“NCN”), the successful bidder will be required to submit a mitigation/safety plan that addressees the safety, health and welfare of NCN, as it relates to the Project. The Project contains, among other things, the following requirements:
- Examine and fill in any required patch work on the exterior of building (greater than 1” by 1”) or in discussion with Assistant Director
- Clean area as needed prior to painting
- Apply 1 coat of primer to all the identified areas with exterior primer
- Apply 2 coats of exterior paint matching the current colour scheme of the building
- Provide all required materials, paint and tools (paint must correlate with material type such as stucco paint, wood, etc depending on area)
- Remove OK school lettering and replace with new lettering supplied by NNCEA
- Strip paint from 4 steel exterior doors, prime, paint 2 coats of red
- Safety harness must be utilized during this project
- Approx. square footage is 13,884
- Provide evidence of compliance with workers’ compensation legislation;
- Obtain liability insurance in a form deemed suitable by NNCEA;
- Obtain, at its own cost, all necessary permits.
- NNCEA can store scissor lifts during this project for contractor
- A site visit is not required but highly encouraged as all measurements are estimates
Contract stipulations, including responsibilities and liabilities of the parties, payment schedule and scope of work are available for review by all bidders at the Alice Moore Education Centre or via email by contacting email@example.com
Bids will be accepted by Nic Campbell via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person submitted to the Alice Moore Education Centre in an envelope prior to the submission date set out below.
Submission date: March 29, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. Bids cannot be withdrawn after 15 days of the submission date.
All or lowest bids not necessarily accepted, if there are no bids that meet the needs of NNCEA, the Project may be re-tendered or terminated. Selection criteria is based on price, experience, and compliance with NNCEA requirements set out above.
Site visits are not mandatory but are recommended to establish AC lines and capabilities.
Please review the Download Package: Page 4 contains the Bid form and pages 5-7 contain pictures of the work required.