TO ALL NCN VOTERS – NCN Chief and Council Election
Given the rising number of COVID-19 cases and for the protection of voters and election workers, in accordance with clause 9(2)(c) of the Election Law 1998, c. E-1, I have directed that the following measures be in place during the vote on August 24th and 25th
ALL POLLING STATIONS
• All Election Workers and Candidate Scrutineers must provide a negative test prior to the start of their shift each day and wear
masks at all times during their shift;
• During breaks Election Workers and Candidate Scrutineers must remove their facemask, immediately wash their hands before eating or drinking anything and once finished use a new facemask and sanitize their hands before resuming work;
• Voters must physically distance, answer COVID-19 screening questions prior to entry into the polling station and wear masks AT ALL TIMES while standing in line to vote and inside the -polling station;
• Each booth will be sanitized between voters
• It is strongly recommended that voters take a Rapid Antigen Test for COVID-19 before going to the polls.
MOBILE VOTING STATION (NCN ONLY)
• Anyone in NCN who has tested positive for COVID-19 or in isolation due to testing positive for Covid-19, please call 204-495-0018 to book a time for the mobile voting station to come to their residence between 9:30 am and 3:30 pm on both voting days.
• When the mobile unit arrives at the residence those who are eligible to vote will be able to enter the unit one at a time to vote;
• The mobile unit will be sanitized and cleaned in between each voter and at the end of each day.
TRAVELLING POLL FOR ELDERS/DISABLED
• A separate travelling poll will be available for Elders and anyone who is disabled and cannot attend the polling stations in NCN and Thompson ONLY
• If you want to be added to the Travelling Poll, call 204-679-2960
• The doors to each polling location will close at 8:00 pm.
• Counting of the ballots at NCN and the final tallied results sent to the Electoral Officer from each polling location will be posted on NCN’s Facebook page and announced on NCN Radio 98.1
• Voters will not be able to observe the counting of the votes in-person this year.
BY ORDER Annette Swanson, Electoral
Officer this 22nd day of August, 2022