Employer: Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Position: Cook Full Time Term
Deadline: Thursday May 6, 2021 @ noon
Start Date: ASAP
Wage Range: Negotiable
Ref #: NCN 2021-04-23-001
NCN is recruiting for a Cook to prepare meals at the Norman Linklater Memorial Multi-Plex Canteen. This is a full-time term position.
The cook will prepare meals and follow established recipes. Duties include preparing ingredients, adhering to menu, cooking, cleaning, following food health and safety procedures, and assisting other isolation unit staff in a fast-paced environment. Work includes operating a grill, oven, or fryer. Previous experience with various cooking methods preferred.
- Setting up, cleaning and organizing work station
- Preparing ingredients for the shift; washing vegetables, chopping, seasoning meat, etc.
- Preparing oven, utensils, and grill for the shift
- Cooking orders according to food health and safety standards
- Handling multiple food orders at one time
- Delivering food orders in a timely manner
- Storing all food properly
- Sanitizing and cleaning work stations and utensils
- Reordering stock and food supplies
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Physical endurance to stand, bend and move for an entire shift
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Works well as part of a team and on individual tasks
- Safe Food Handlers Certificate required
- Catering Services may also be required
The Cook reports to the manager of the Multi-Plex, Trevor Linklater.
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Kim Linklater, Executive Director of Human Resources
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-2107
Fax: (204) 484-2588
We thank all who submit an expression of interest, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.