Teachers for OK:
Gr. 1, Gr. 2, Gr. 5, Physical Education
Teacher for NNOC:
Industrial Arts/Automotive Teacher
Teachers for Both Schools:
Resource Teacher, Land-based Educator, a Literacy Coach, Uncertified & Certified Substitutes
EMPLOYER: NISICHAWAYASI NEHETHO CULTURE AND EDUCATION AUTHORITY INC. (NNCEA), NELSON HOUSE, MANITOBA
POSTED: Dec. 2nd, 2021
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
INTERVIEWS: As suitable applications are received
START DATE: ASAP
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY: Classroom teachers for grade one, grade two, grade five, Physical Education for the elementary school on a full time basis AND a qualified, full time Resource teacher and a Literacy Coach to work two schools for 2021-22 school year, a Land-based Educator for our new Culture Camp & an Industrial Arts/Automotive teacher for the new high school. All teachers are unionized members of the Nelson House Teachers Association (NHTA), Local 64, of the Manitoba Teachers’ Society, collective bargaining agreement.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in education with successful, applicable experiences/credentials
- A Manitoba Teacher’s Certificate or eligibility for teacher certification in Manitoba
- Knowledge of Nihitho (Cree) language & culture/FN school systems in Manitoba are definite assets
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- The ability to provide the necessary services of the position with minimal direction in a fast-paced, unique school environment and maintain confidentiality.
- Professionally updated and aware/usage of current educational trends: planning and preparing, trauma informed schooling, record keeping, cume files, attendance registers, Dadavan, classroom management plans, PLC’s, UDL, differentiation of instruction, assessment for/as/of learning, inclusive classrooms, remote learning, etc.
- A team player, can take direction, model a positive work ethic, promote parental engagement
If interested, please send a cover letter, an updated resume and three references asap to:
NNCEA @ AMEC, Nelson House, Manitoba
ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
NB: Employment dependent on having double vaccinations and the submission of a clear Child Abuse Registry Check AND a clear Criminal Record Check OR Vulnerable Sector Check