ONE GRADE FIVE TEACHER FOR OK ELEMENTARY
ONE RESOURCE TEACHER FOR NNOC HIGH SCHOOL FOR 2021-22
EMPLOYER: NISICHAWAYASI NEHETHO CULTURE AND EDUCATION AUTHORITY INC. (NNCEA), NELSON HOUSE, MANITOBA
POSTED: August 31st, 2021
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
INTERVIEWS: As suitable applications are received
START DATE: ASAP
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY: A grade 5 teacher is required for the elementary school on a full time basis AND a qualified Resource teacher for the high school for the 2021-22 school year.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in education with successful, applicable experiences
- A Manitoba Teacher’s Certificate or eligibility for teacher certification in Manitoba
- Knowledge of Nihitho (Cree) language & culture/FN school systems in Manitoba are definite assets
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- The ability to teach with minimal direction in a fast-paced, unique school environment.
- Professionally updated and aware/usage of current educational trends: planning and preparing, trauma informed schooling, record keeping, cume files, attendance registers, classroom management plans, PLC’s, UDL, differentiation of instruction, assessment for/as/of learning, Dadavan, inclusive classrooms, remote learning, etc.
- Able to take direction, model a positive work ethic, promote parental involvement and maintain confidentiality
- Must have both Covid-19 vaccinations
If interested, please send a cover letter, an updated resume and three references asap to:
NNCEA @ AMEC, Nelson House, Manitoba
ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
Tentative start date for new staff is September 1st, 2021
NB: Employment dependent on submission of a clear Child Abuse Registry Check AND a clear Criminal Record Check OR Vulnerable Sector Check