NNCEA Maintenance Worker Assistant for OK/NNOC School(s)/AMEC
Job Type: Full–Time
Hours: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Deadline: Thursday July 23, 2020
NNCEA is looking for a skilled Maintenance worker to perform upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning. You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems and ensure facilities are tidy and functional.
Being reliable with a keen eye for detail is the first step to getting this job. The ideal candidate will have experience and solid technical knowledge. You must also possess manual dexterity and physical stamina.
The Maintenance Worker Assistant reports directly to the Assistant Director of Education to carry out duties that reflect the maintenance and upkeep of NNCEA property.
- Participates in routine equipment and fixture maintenance.
- Repairs fans and motors.
- Services and replaces electrical controls.
- Repairs interior and exterior lighting fixtures and equipment.
- Replaces or repairs electrical fixtures, such as plugs and plates.
- Services time clock systems.
- Inspects fire alarm equipment and fixtures.
- Replaces and repairs hot and cold water lines.
- Assists mechanical trades people in installing and repairing pipes, heating lines, controls, pumps and mechanical systems.
- Installs and repairs laboratory equipment and plumbing equipment.
- Knowledge of HVAC.
- Assists in diagnosing plumbing problems and offers applicable information when requested.
- Paints and patches school, classrooms and other facilities – interior and exterior.
- Mixes matches and blends all paint and colours.
- Installs painting-related materials such as wallpaper and graphics.
- Assists with the carpentry upkeep and maintenance of buildings and grounds.
- Constructs alterations and modifications to existing buildings and structures.
- Installs doors, windows, and walls etc.
- Repairs and adjusts doors and hardware.
- Installs new hardware such as door closures, locksets, hinge, weather stripping and thresholds to new and existing fixtures.
- Installs and repairs hollow metal doors and door systems.
- Installs and repairs window systems, both vinyl and aluminum and provide related technical information as required; installs caulking and sealants as required.
- Provides keying and locksmithing to new and existing locks and repairs as required.
- Assists in implementing energy-conservation programs and advises on material and methods.
- Modifies and fabricates shelving, cabinets, counters or furniture.
- Maintains building and grounds in areas of fencing, snow removal, furniture moving, deliveries, minor repairs and grass cutting; temporary replacement for custodial manpower.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Manitoba Driver’s License preferred
- Although a journeyman status is desirable, a combination of practical and technical knowledge in the maintenance field could be acceptable.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Experience using hand and electrical tools.
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Physical stamina and dexterity.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A Clear Child Abuse Registry Check and a Criminal Record Check or a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Must be willing to take training.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and a Clear Child Abuse Registry Check; Criminal Record Check or a Vulnerable Sector Check, specifying the position you are applying for to:
Lorna Hart, NNCEA Human Resource Department
Thanks to all who apply, only qualified candidates will be considered. Applicants who do not provide all the required information will not be considered.