NNCEA Interim Maintenance Supervisor for OK/NNOC School(s)
Job Type: Full–Time
Hours: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Deadline: December January 27, 2020 at 12:00 Noon
NNCEA is looking for an Interim Maintenance Supervisor to assist and ensure the smooth and efficient operations of OK/NNOC School (s). The Interim Maintenance Supervisor reports directly to the Assistant Director of Education and is responsible for the property management of the Education Authority’s facilities including physical plant management, preventative maintenance, repair and upkeep, construction, renovation and maintenance services. The duties and responsibilities of the job may vary in accordance with the Authority’s needs.
- Prepares and implements a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual preventative-maintenance schedule that address all maintenance issues affecting Authority property. The schedule must accommodate unexpected maintenance issues that arise throughout the school year such as graffiti removal, broken glass repair and other items as identified
- Keeps manuals for all Authority property in a secure location
- Prepares renovation project budgets and pricing quotes prior to recommending purchases
- Keeps a daily log of all assigned tasks and reviews the distribution and completion of these tasks with the administration
- Monitors teacherages maintenance weekly/monthly by changing filters and checking to ensure tenants comply with rental agreement
- Inspects each teacherage every three months as per rental agreement and submits written reports to the Director of Education
- Monitors repairs to Authority property to ensure tenants implement and comply with “No Smoking/No Pets” policies and submits findings in writing to the Director of Education
- Conducts repairs to Authority systems and maintains quality-control standards for areas of responsibility
- Works with maintenance staff to review all work orders, divide tasks equally and ensures they are dealt with in a timely manner
- Works with maintenance staff to ensure mileage on Authority vehicles is logged and necessary repairs and cleaning is in place
- Works with staff to implement energy-conversation methods to Authority facilities, structures and operations
- Works with staff to ensure fire alarm equipment and fixtures are in working order
- Reviews and provides security, vandalism, and fire protection to facilities under Education Authority control
- Works with staff to e) and ensure use of all Authority facilities (i.e., gym usage) and grounds are pre-approved
- Supervises custodial staff, cleaners and maintenance personnel under his/her direction (when applicable0
- Provides detailed maintenance-related estimates and information to the Director when required
- Conducts inspections, preventative maintenance and repairs to equipment under his/his supervision
- Implements a maintenance-equipment identification system
- Organizes and maintains all storage areas
- Provides support for facilities supervision in all undefined areas
- Is available to respond to emergency situations in all undefined areas
- Maintains and promotes harmonious relationships with educational, administrative and support staff, as well as the general public
- Clarifies roles and trains staff under his/her direction
- Supervises and directs contractors and suppliers in his/her department
- Coordinates holiday time for maintenance/custodial staff
- Maintains Education Authority security systems
- Requests costs estimates and prepares budgets for renovation projects for review with the Director and Finance
- Assists with repairs to exterior electrical fixtures such as plugs and plates
- Services time clock and ensures the system is updated annually
- Participates in routine maintenance of equipment and fixtures
- Installs and repairs laboratory and plumbing equipment
- Conduct preventive maintenance work according to Hazard Communications program prerequisites.
- Ensure to keep cleanliness at shop and storage areas as well as well-stocked, organized following company color coded program.
- Inspect regularly machinery with respect to safety issues inclusive but not restricted to ground and trip hazards, non-functioning lights, broken pieces along with exposed wiring.
- Conduct proper follow-through on all maintenance issues.
- First Aid Certificate required.
- Willing to take training.
- Moderate lifting, bending, kneeling, climbing stairs, climbing ladders will be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Must have a valid Manitoba Driver’s License.
- Although a journeyman status is desirable, a combination of practical and technical knowledge in the maintenance field could be acceptable.
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical systems, equipment maintenance, cleaning maintenance and inventory control.
- Experience using hand and electrical tools.
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Physical stamina and dexterity.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of an apprenticeship is required.
- A Clear Child Abuse Registry Check and a Criminal Record Check or a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Must be willing to take training.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and a Clear Child Abuse Registry Check; Criminal Record Check or a Vulnerable Sector Check, specifying the position you are applying for to:
Lorna Hart, NNCEA Human Resource Department
Thanks to all who apply, only qualified candidates will be considered. Applicants who do not provide all the required information will not be considered.