The Nisichawayasi Nehetho Culture and Education Authority is seeking applicants for the position of “Heavy Duty Mechanic Apprentice”. In collaboration with the Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation Human Resource Development Authority the apprentice will work towards completing their levels of training and work experience towards a Red Seal Certification. This person must be willing to attend school during the required times and sessions as scheduled by respective Post-Secondary institutions. This person will work with a Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic and primarily work on vehicles such as school buses, skid steers, and more. This person will be responsible for shop cleanliness, inventory, assisting with safety readiness checks, oil changes, general maintenance, and more.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a grade 12 education or equivalent
- Level 2 driver’s license (or working towards)
- Experience in the field with High School Apprenticeship Program or other mechanical experience
Rate of pay:
- As per Manitoba Apprenticeship pay scale and recommendations
All interested candidates may submit a Resume and Cover Letter to NNCEA Human Resources by Thursday September 9, 2021 at 12:00pm. All applicants must submit a Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check to be considered.