Deadline: Friday, August 14th at 12:00 p.m.
NNCEA is looking to fill the following positions:
- Day Custodial for OK/NNOC
- Night Custodial for OK
- Part-Time Custodial for AMEC
With school fast approaching we need to ensure that extra custodians are on staff for the safety of the children, staff and school. The Custodial staff will report to the Custodial Supervisor and carries out assigned duties on a daily, periodic and annual basis.
- Inspects facilities and grounds ensuring cleanliness and safety to all.
- Performs cleaning duties by dusting, sweeping, washing, scrubbing, waxing and buffing all classrooms, hallways, entrances and offices. Cleaning and sanitizing all desks, chairs, banisters, railings door handles, equipment, shelving, storage cabinets, wash-rooms and fixtures, stairs, emptying, washing and sanitizing waste receptacles, cleaning glass, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, washing furniture and changing and washing lamps and fixtures.
- Maintains grounds by shovelling snow, sweeping walkways, stairs and entrances, cleaning up debris from school grounds and caring for flower beds.
- Assists with training of cleaning staff.
- Maintains harmonious relationships with public, educational staff, students and administration.
- Assists with non-educational and educational activities.
- Ensures building security.
Personal Attributes and Characteristics
- Hands on experience in school custodial activities.
- Ability to lift 25-40 pounds.
- Strong ability to organize efficiently and work independently with minimum supervision.
- Uses time effectively.
- Willingly assists with other areas of responsibility.
- Focuses on assigned tasks and is willing to upgrade skills.
- Is reliable, punctual and respectful to employer at all times.
- Understands Board policies and duties and follows appropriate lines of communications.
- Is responsible and discreet in carrying out duties.
- Respects confidentiality and conducts oneself in a professional manner at all times.
- Serves as a positive role model in daily conduct.
- Very good physical condition and strength.
- Knowledge of safe disposal of hazardous components.
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time.
High school diploma is preferred, but not required.
Makes recommendations to the Custodial Supervisor related to the implementation and efficiency of cleaning methods and materials and provides direction and assistance to evening custodial staff.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and a Clear Child Abuse Registry Check; Criminal Record Check or a Vulnerable Sector Check, specifying the position you are applying for to:
Lorna Hart, NNCEA Human Resource Department
Thanks to all who apply, only qualified candidates will be considered.