Finance Assistant Description
Nisichawayasi Nehetho Culture and Education Authority Inc. is seeking a motivated, experienced and energetic individual for our organization to fill the role of Finance Assistant to support our financial department. The candidate must have a positive work ethic; take initiative, strong knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, good organizational skills, and working knowledge of accounting software. A superior finance assistant should have integrity, honesty, excellent mathematical skills, and an understanding of data privacy.
The Finance Assistant is responsible for,
- Managing the monthly financial statement preparation and month end close process.
- Other financial reports and projects as required by NNCEA team.
- Liaison with auditors to ensure annual reporting is carried out.
- Prepare and Conduct Bi-yearly Inventory count.
- File PST and GST return on a quarterly basis.
- Reconcile GL accounts on a monthly basis.
- Communicate with vendors and reconcile Accounts Payable on a monthly basis.
- Print & Reconcile Visa statements on a monthly.
- Reconcile Accounts Payable on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable on a monthly basis.
- Review and post all Cheques
- Communicate with Customers regarding overdue accounts.
- Perform Bi-Annual Inventory Counts (mid-year & year-end).
- Prepare monthly/quarterly government remittances.
- Assist in the preparation of the month end financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of the year-end file.
Finance Assistant Qualifications:
- Accounting or Business Administration degree/diploma/certificate and/or Computerized Accounting Diploma and/or Certification from a recognized institution in Manitoba/Canada.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and Sage 300 software.
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Based on Experience and qualifications
Education: Grade 12 Graduate
Experience: Accounting: 2 years (preferred)
Application Deadline: 4:00 p.m. May 4, 2023
NNCEA recognizes the importance of building an exemplary service delivery organization that is equal, inclusive, and reflective of the population it serves. This is a Full-Time position located in our Alice Moore Education Centre (AMEC) in Nisichawayashik Cree Nation. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter (please state position title applying for), along with (3) references (including most recent employer reference) by 4:00 p.m. May 4, 2023 to;
NNCEA Human Resource Director
6 Otetiskiwin Drive West
Nelson House, MB. R0B 1A0
Email: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Successful applicants must provide satisfactory Criminal and Child Abuse Registry Checks.