Due to COVID-19, the closure of our schools, and the need for online learning we have purchased 500 Chromebooks (laptops), which can be purchased for your student’s use. The revenue that we acquire from the sales of each of these Chromebooks will offset the costs of acquiring them all ($170,000) and to provide Internet to homes in need of the service if possible.
Guidelines for purchasing a Chromebook:
- Each Chromebook comes with a charger and directions for use. Chromebooks can be utilized for a variety of purposes such as web browsing and online learning
- In order to utilize a Chromebook, you will need to create a Gmail account. You can use them as a guest but you will not be able to download apps or access Google Play store.
- You can install Microsoft Office 365 by finding and downloading from the Google Play store. You can also use Google Docs.
- Chromebooks will be available at a rate of $110 payable in cash (please bring exact change if possible)
- Each household will only be allowed 1 Chromebook
Upon purchase, we will take the following information:
Your name, your address, the students in your house. You will be provided with a receipt upon purchase of your Chromebook.
How to buy:
Chromebooks can be purchased at the Alice Moore starting Wednesday May 20, 2020 from 12pm-3pm. The hours for purchase and pickup will be from 10am-3pm from Monday to Thursday. If you require assistance with your Chromebook after purchase, appointments can be made at OK school (484-2242). Due to COVID-19, there will be limited space. Appointments will only be made for between the hours 1pm and 3pm. Once purchased, it will be the purchaser’s responsibility to maintain and update the Chromebook, as it will become their property.