Language and Culture is looking to fill the position of Administrative Assistant, who, under the direction of the Elvis Thomas, Director of Language and Culture, will primarily be responsible to prepare, review, and/or edit various forms of correspondence. This position will manage and administer inbound and outbound mail. This role will also act as a first point of contact and provide general information to staff, clients, and the public. The Administrative Assistant must possess the following:
- Ability to speak and understand asiniska ithiniwak dialect will be an asset.
- Must possess a strong daily work ethic.
- Ability to adapt to new technology.
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands.
- Ability to adapt/respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Ability to type efficiently.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Superior professional telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of one-year experience in a related industry. Some on the job training provided.
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (please state position title applying for), along with (3) references (including most recent employer reference) by Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 4:00 pm to;
NNCEA Human Resource Department
6 Otetiskiwin Drive West
Nelson House, MB. R0b 1A0
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Successful applicants must provide satisfactory Criminal/Vulnerable Sector check and Child Abuse Registry Check.