POSITION: FULL TIME COOK
LOCATION: Nisichawayasihk Personal Care Home
SALARY: AS PER CURRENT MGEU COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full Time Permanent
SHIFTS PATTERN: DAYS/WEEKENDS 12 HOUR SHIFTS
HOURS OF WORK: 1.0 E.F.T. (80 hours bi-weekly)
APPLICABLE COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT: MGEU COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT
POSITION # : NCNPCHDIET -02
BULLETIN #: NCNMGEU2021
POSITION START DATE: ASAP
- Grade 10 (Manitoba Standards)
- Current Food Handler Training Certificate Level 1 or willing to obtain within 6 months
- Previous health care food service experience or cooking experience required
- Other combination of education and experience may be considered
- Demonstrated dexterity, and efficient work methods
- Demonstrate organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- Must be able to follow standardized written recipes.
- Must have knowledge/training of food production equipment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods (up to 6 hours).
- Must be able to handle and work around heated equipment.
- Must be able to perform cleaning duties including: stooping, bending, moving arms, lifting up to 50 pounds, using proper lifting, pushing, and pulling techniques.
- Must be knowledgeable about, and able to work with designated cleaning chemicals.
- Able to perform work in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Workstations maintained in an organized, clean and sanitary condition.
- Maintain proper handling of all inventories, including proper storage, rotation, covering, labeling, and dating.
- Handling food in safe manner, thus preventing exposing the food to the danger zone of sanitation standards.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures
- Ability to display independent judgment
- Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
- Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
Submit application/resume to:
Matilda Linklater, Receptionist
Nisichawayasihk Personal Care Home.