Department: NCN HRDA Nisichawayasihk Asiniska Ithiniwak
Position: Green House Manager
Deadline: Thursday, June 9, 2022
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Range: TBD
Ref #: NCN-2022-06-01-001
JOB PURPOSE / SUMMARY
The Greenhouse Manager is responsible for managing activities in the Growing Dome, Hydroponics unit and attached greenhouse in Nelson House, Manitoba. The Greenhouse Manager reports to the Director NCN HRDA.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Familiarity with the dome’s layout, design, and technology within including ventilation system, location and utilization of agricultural tools, and functionality of equipment (thermal pool, heater, lighting, etc.)
- Perform daily systems checks, nutrient levels, greenhouse temperature, new growth and trouble shooting
- Record keeping/logbooks of seed inventory, equipment, SKUs, packaging, vendors, and other activities/items related to operations
- Put on workshops and workbees for community members in the growing dome
- Manage irrigation, fertigation, lighting, and heat requirements for operations
- Inspect dome technology and gardening equipment to check for disrepair and maintain properly, facilitate orders to replace equipment as needed
- Maintain crop cycles through transplanting, identify disease and malnutrition
- Determine demand of market, plan grow cycles and cultivation activities accordingly
- Facilitate logistics for transportation of product, sanitization protocols, and maintain clean workspace
- Maintain proper health and safety protocol (i.e., safe food handling and storage) of produce
- Manage transportation logistics regarding the pickup and delivery of harvested produce
- Maintain accurate records of crops, harvests, and produce donated or sold to be shared with Green Iglu on a quarterly basis
- Work evenings and weekends as needed
- Other duties as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Experience gardening and horticulture is considered an asset.
- Experience operating gardening and lawn equipment is an asset.
- Basic computer skills to maintain inventory logs and reports.
- Safe Food Handling certification preferred.
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, child abuse and adult abuse record, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Kim Linklater, Executive Director of Human Resources
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-2107
Fax: (204) 484-2588