Nisokapawino Forestry Management Corporation (NFMC) provides forest management services to Canadian Kraft Paper Industries Ltd (CKP). NFMC is a newly formed corporation equally owned by CKP and Nekoté Limited Partnership.
NFMC offers a work environment that promotes diversity, embraces change, and encourages continuous growth and development for every team member. We offer a workplace where everyone plays an essential role in our success and where individual efforts are acknowledged. If you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment, we want you to be a part of our Team!
We encourage innovation, growth and change in an open environment, and we believe in and practice sustainable forest management.
The Forest Technician is responsible for:
- Participating in program development and implementation of forestry related training programs for First Nations such as FireSmart
- Assisting in the maintenance of company systems such as the safety management system, sustainable forestry management certification system, and environmental management certification system
- Assisting in the coordination and supervision of silviculture projects, including scarification, planting, and vegetation management
- Training, supervising and managing performance of term and summer staff.
- Assisting in preparing operating plans, annual reports, work permit submissions
- Maintaining good relations with others and with contractors and for proper care and maintenance of all equipment under their care.
- Ensuring personal, company and contractor safety in all areas of the workplace.
- Grade 12 diploma
- University Degree or Technical Diploma in Forestry or Forestry-related field considered an asset
- Education in Forestry or a related field or a combination of motivation to learn, skills, and experience.
- Valid driver’s license with no restrictions.
- A proven commitment to safety
- Strong social, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Direct Industry experience is not necessary
LIVING IN THE PAS:
The Pas community is one of the oldest and most striking settlements in Northern Manitoba. It is truly a place to call home for those that love the outdoors with an abundance of activities such as skiing, hiking, ATV and skidoo trails, camping, boating, hunting and fishing. In Manitoba, these are at their finest! Boasting one of the three true blue lakes in existence, Clearwater Lake’s raw natural beauty attracts visitors from around the world.
Learn more from the website at www.townofthepas.ca about the wonders of The Pas, where the Northern Lights shine year-round.