Need Help With Anxiety?
If you are 16 or older, you can access a free and confidential digital mental health therapy program to help address anxiety symptoms brought on by the challenging aspects of the pandemic:
- social isolation
- caring for family and community members
- information overload and stress management
Go to manitoba.ca/covid19 to get started today or read on for more information.
More about AbilitiCBT
Help when you need it. Where you need it.
In these unprecedented times, you may be experiencing anxiety related to the impact of COVID-19 in your lives and communities. AbilitiCBT is a digital mental health therapy program that addresses anxiety symptoms brought on by the challenging aspects of the pandemic: uncertainty, isolation, caring for family and community members, information overload and stress management.
The information below provides an overview of AbilitiCBT and what you can expect when you sign up for the program.
What is AbilitiCBT?
AbilitiCBT is cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) guided by a therapist through a digital platform accessible from home. CBT is proven to be one of the most effective and efficient therapy methods. AbilitiCBT is uniquely effective because it virtually pairs you with a professional therapist who supports you through your program.
Your AbilitiCBT journey
- Go to manitoba.ca/covid19 to sign up.
- Complete a health screening questionnaire online.
- Reply to your welcome email with availability for an initial appointment with your assigned therapist.
- Download the AbilitiCBT mobile app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Complete module 1: each module contains activities, videos and assignments to help you learn, develop and practice new skills.
- Complete the remaining nine structured modules, at your own pace, while your therapist monitors your progress and checks in with you along the way by phone, video or chat.
- Continue to access AbilitiCBT for content refreshers: you will have access for one year after signing up!
Why use AbilitiCBT?
- It’s confidential. Morneau Shepell handles your request and tracks your progress—your personal information will never be shared.
- It works and is clinically effective. Studies have shown that internet-based CBT like AbilitiCBT is as effective as face-to-face therapy.
- It’s supported by experts. AbilitiCBT therapistsare seasoned professionals who are part the largest network of therapists across the country experienced in dealing with the psychological impact of various traumatic events.
- It’s accessible from home. With the current realities of self-isolation and physical distancing, AbilitiCBT is a convenient way to get support while you must remain at home.
- It’s free and convenient. Once you sign up online, you access AbilitiCBT, at no cost to you, through the AbilitiCBT app, using a smartphone or tablet.
Need help now?
- Klinic Crisis Line
204-786-8686 or 1-888-322-3019
- Manitoba Suicide Prevention & Support Line
- Kids Help Phone
- Manitoba Addictions Hotline
- Klinic Sexual Assault Crisis Line
204-786-8631 or 1-888-292-7565
- Manitoba Farm, Rural & Northern Support Services
supportline.ca – online counselling
1-866-367-3276 (hours Mon-Fri 10 am to 9 pm)
- First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line
1 855 242-331