PERMANENT/ FULL TIME: TRANSITIONAL JOB DECRIPTION – The NCN Women’s Shelter is in the process of restructuring and reorganizing. Final job description will be prepared as part of this review and renewal initiative.
Employer: NCN Women’s Shelter
Position: Support Care Worker
Deadline: Monday, November 29, 2021
Start Date: ASAP
Wage Range: Negotiable
Ref #: NCN 2021-11-17-001
Reporting to the Executive Director of the NCN Women’s Shelter, the Support Care Worker provides a variety of client support functions that support, create and enhance a welcoming, safe and positive environment for residents, clients and guests who come to the NCN Women’s Shelter. All Support Care Workers understand and are able to support the principles of a safe environment for women and children impacted by domestic violence. The functions include reception and light word processing, practical help for residents, child minding, and organizational duties.
RECEPTION & ADMINISTRATION
- Answers and accurately directs phone calls and other inquiries positively and professionally
- Greets residents and guests warmly, positively and ensures an accurate and continuous record of who is in the premises, according to security protocol, visitor’s logbook, and nightly bed count
- Maintains Casual staff Communication log book
- Provides word processing and administrative support as required.
SUPPORT FOR RESIDENTS:
- Initiates welcoming and Pre-Intake process with new residents
- Ensures all residents are familiar with the facility, guidelines, where they can find things, and assists them as required
- Facilitates recreational group activities with clients as required by the Resident Support Worker
- Stores, tracks and dispenses (disposes) resident medication
- Provides support to food services and other functions as required
- Maintains roster of resident work tasks and oversees daily task completion
- Ensures all resident rooms are cleaned, according to protocol in a timely manner
- Encourages and reminds residents about keeping common areas clean and tidy throughout the day and provides support to them as required
- Ensures all areas of the facility are cleaned according to the cleaning check-list.
- Covid-19 Vaccination Mandatory
- Provides childcare for residents or clients who are in counseling sessions, appointments or in need of respite
- Facilitates age appropriate activities as directed by the Resident Support Worker
- May participate in both planning and implementing recreational or play-based groups for women and children
- Arranges and oversees children’s snacks with support of available parents
- Ensures children in the care of NCN Women’s Shelter are safe and learning appropriate social behaviors in a manner that helps them learn self-regulation and respect of others
- Ensures the play environment is clean and safe.
- Completed certificate in applied Counselling
- Current CPR, Emergency First Aid
- Must provide a current satisfactory criminal record (including Vulnerable Sector), Child Abuse Registry as a condition of employment.
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Kim Linklater, Executive Director of Human Resources
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-2107
Fax: (204) 484-2588