Department: NCN WOMEN’S SHELTER
Position: .5 Half time CHILD CARE WORKER
Deadline: April 22, 2022
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Range: To be determined
Ref #: NCN-2022-04-13-002
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Childcare Worker is responsible for the overall planning, and supervision of the children, while meeting the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children in the program to assist them to reach their potential. The Childcare Worker will ensure the program is accordance with all relevant legislation, policies and procedure.
- Maintain the development of positive childcare practices in keeping with the goals and objectives of the Shelter
- To comply with Shelter rules, policies and practices and to respond to emergencies that may arise within the Shelter
- Cares for and attends to the needs of the children at the facility including dressing, feeding and monitoring their activities and playtime
- Plans and organizes games and recreational activities for children in a group setting
- Plans and teaches activities such as arts and crafts, designed to improve fine and gross motor skills.
- Encourages children’s emotional, social, physical development and positive self-concept regularly; contact, liaises with and act as a resource for parents and caregivers; keeping parents informed of children’s programming and expectations
- Provides updates to staff members to ensure the children are provided the required services to address any issues or concerns
- Monitors signs of emotional and developmental issues in children and notifies parents, guardians or authorities of concerns when necessary
- Implements developmentally appropriate disciplinary measures to maintain control in the classroom and facility
- Teaches children personal and healthy habits such as eating, resting and personal hygiene
- Cleans and sanitized toys, furniture and play equipment; ensuring the area is well-maintained and safe at all times
- Maintains confidential recorders on individual children, including daily observations, activities, meals served and medication administered
- Preforms other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High school Diploma
- At least on year of related experience and/or training
- Certification in First Aid and CPR required; Must be maintained by obtaining recertification as necessary
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be given into consideration
- Must provide current satisfactory criminal record (including Vulnerable Sector), Child Abuse registry and Prior Contact checks as a condition of Employment.
- Must adhere to NCN Policies and Procedures.
- Must adhere to NCN Human Resources Covid policy.
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Kim Linklater, Executive Director of Human Resources
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-2107
Fax: (204) 484-2588