Department: NCN WOMEN’S SHELTER
Position: 1 COOK
Deadline: April 22, 2022
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Range: To be determined
Ref #: NCN-2022-04-13-003
Under the supervision of the Director of Women’s Shelter, the Line Cook is responsible for the preparation of high-quality food in a timely, efficient, sanitary and consistent manner. The Line Cook must be prepared to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment, while maintaining the organizational ability to identify and act on job duties quickly and effectively. Line Cook must be prepared to work as a team member in a dynamic workplace, follow all safety procedures, and have a high threshold for heat in a kitchen environment.
- A line cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry and/or stations or other areas of the kitchen.
- Sets up station according to guidelines.
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
- Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances.
- Ensure quality and safety of food by performing standard and any additional sanitary measures including sweeping of the floors, cleaning of surfaces, as well as proper covering and storage of food items according to standards and procedures.
- Ensure timely preparation of all meals.
- Ensure that the correct quantities are prepared to meet daily needs.
- Utilize kitchen equipment during food preparation.
- Stay productive at all times and prepare for future needs as time allows.
- Demonstrate flexibility and volunteer to fill open shifts as required by variations in staffing.
- Follow proper reporting procedures for accidents and incidents to ensure follow-up and prevention.
- Adhere to all regulations including blood borne pathogens, infection control, use of hazardous materials and fire safety.
- Report any infraction in the food services department policies and procedures.
- Arrive to work at the scheduled time.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Professional diploma or food services management preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of cooking experience required.
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required.
- Effective communication skills..
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Certified Food Handling Course.
- Must adhere to NCN HR COVID POLICIES
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Kim Linklater, Executive Director of Human Resources
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-2107
Fax: (204) 484-2588