Deadline: Friday October 29, 2021
Employer: Trust Office
Position: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Permanent Position)
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Range: Negotiable
Ref #: NCN-2021-10-15-002
Under the supervision of the Director of Intergovernmental Affairs and Special Projects, the Administrative Clerk will be responsible for all general office procedures of the Trust Office.
This job has many different duties and will be the first point of contact to many clients.
Job duties include:
- receiving external/internal calls and dealing with walk-in clients,
- provide general program information to clients in person, on the phone or via e-mail,
- work independently and set priorities, perform mail duties, sort and distribute faxes, photocopy,
- perform file duties, computer work (Word, Outlook and Excel).
- Will answer all incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner and forward calls to the appropriate personnel and will take messages.
- Will greet visitors, ascertain nature and directs visitors to appropriate person.
- Will maintain a record of all incoming and outgoing correspondence including faxes;
- Will pick up Trust Office mail from Post Office and parcels from Bus Depot.
- Will maintain an adequate and updated filing system for the Trust Office that ensures easy and quick access to files that may be needed or retrieved.
- Will ensure all confidential files and equipment and storage rooms are locked at the end of each day.
- Will maintain inventory of all Trust equipment
- Will file all doctor slips, application for leave and personnel correspondence in employees file
- Will record and type minutes of staff meetings and distribute to all staff prior to the next staff meeting.
- Will record and type minutes of all Trust Office Community Meetings
- Will maintain and update staff’s daily sign in sheets, request for all timesheets to be submitted.
- Will ensure office and coffee supplies are adequately stocked at all times.
- Will ensure the normal programming records are updated on a monthly basis and will obtain the required information from the welfare department
- And all other duties as assigned.
- Covid-19 Vaccination Mandatory
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Communicate effectively with members, staff and other individuals;
- Good Verbal and Written Communication Skills;
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to communicate in Cree an asset;
- Problem Solving;
- Organizational Skills;
- Experience an asset.
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Kim Linklater, Executive Director of Human Resources
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-2107
Fax: (204) 484-2588
We thank all who submit an expression of interest, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.