Department: NCN Public Works
Position: Landfill Attendant – 1 year term position
Deadline: Wednesday, February 1, 2023
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Range: To be determined
Ref #: NCN 2023-01-18-002
Reporting to the Public Works Manager, the Landfill Attendant will contribute to the effective operation of the Solid Waste Facility by assisting both the public, and other team members at the Landfill. General duties for this position will include, perform basic clean-up of site and facilities.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directing vehicle traffic at the landfill
- Maintaining landfill shop, catch fence, and building
- Performing basic clean up of site and facilities as required
- Observing safe work practices; including maintaining work areas in a safe condition
- Provide monthly written updates to Chief and Council regarding activities and progress, including community trends or waste management issues encountered
- Other duties assigned
- Knowledge and respect for NCN’s culture, traditions, and practices.
- Basic math skills
- Able to follow oral and or written instruction
- Able to lift up to 60lbs
- Comfortable with exposure to weather conditions, fumes, dust, and hazardous chemicals
- Grade 12 education with a combination of experience may be accepted.
- Experience in environmental services, including project management and supervision would be an asset.
- Organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Ability to interpret, implement and adhere to the organisational policies and procedures of the First Nation.
- Understand of current issues, challenges and opportunities for waste minimization in Manitoba and in particular, NCN and First Nation communities
- Knowledge and experience in developing, implementing and monitoring Best Management Practices and/or First Nations laws for environmental impact assessments and environmental protection
- Familiarity with Health and Safety requirements
- Trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Must be self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in social media and MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Nora Thomas, Human Resource Administrator
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-1178
Fax: (204) 484-2588