Department: NCN Justice & Public Safety Department
Deadline: Friday, May 13, 2022
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Range: $15/hour
Ref #: NCN-2022-05-06-002
POSITION SUMMARY/JOB DESCRIPTION:
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Justice and Public Safety, the Security Worker will be responsible for maintaining the safety of the community. This individual will be required to perform Peacekeeping and general monitoring check stop duties. The Security Worker will be required to document all incidents, activities and reporting to appropriate community resource such as Supervisor for FNSO, Child and Family Services, RCMP and/or Emergency Services. They will be required to have strong verbal and written communication skills in order to be successful in this position.
- Routine inspection of the transportation of goods in vehicles
- Maintain detailed records of incidents per shift
- Address concerns of clients and staff ie: COVID measures and protocols, limits of alcohol and Cannabis etc.
- Monitor Security System
- Responds to emergency placements as required.
- Assist in any other duties as directed by the NCN Justice and Public Safety Director.
- To be present at court hearings to monitor and assist.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE GUIDELINES:
- 2 years experience working in the security field
- High school diploma
- Registered Manitoba Security Guard License is ideal but not necessary or willing to obtain Manitoba Security Guard License
- Strong communication
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Organizational and leadership skills
- CPR training
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- Ability to work in a team environment and capable of receiving instructions
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset
- Covid 19 Vaccination is Mandatory (as per NCN HR Policy)
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, child abuse and adult abuse record,
Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Kim Linklater, Executive Director of Human Resources
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-2107
Fax: (204) 484-2588